Decreasing width of "Side windows"


BWoods
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Recommended Posts

Hey all.

 

I've updated to the X13 beta. My side windows (library browser and Active Layer Display Options) have had their minimum width increased, making my drawing window even smaller. It will not allow me to make the side windows smaller than they are, only bigger. Is there a way around this? 

See the attached image below. I want the right side windows, maybe, 2/3 or less of the size they are currently. 

image.thumb.png.6ed0774ca9e0f80dacf5d97bd29a4ad5.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BWoods said:

Hey all.

 

I've updated to the X13 beta. My side windows (library browser and Active Layer Display Options) have had their minimum width increased, making my drawing window even smaller. It will not allow me to make the side windows smaller than they are, only bigger. Is there a way around this? 

See the attached image below. I want the right side windows, maybe, 2/3 or less of the size they are currently. 

image.thumb.png.6ed0774ca9e0f80dacf5d97bd29a4ad5.png

 

 

Place your mouse cursor over the edge of the window where it touches your drawing window panel.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

They only get so small.  If you’re working with a single screen, I really suggest you leave all 3 side windows tabbed with each other on one side.  

It appears to be the Active Layer Display Options that has a minimum width. If I take it from the right side, I'm able to adjust the library browser freely. The issue is that this minimum width seems to have arbitrarily increased with the x13 beta for no apparent reason. I'm using multiple monitors but the other monitors are typically used for other things needed to see for the drawing. I'd like to keep the windows separated between the right and the left as I prefer the drawing area centered in the screen.

Am I just out of luck? I have a large dead area of white space in the layer option panel. 

ac4a9840f0.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution
29 minutes ago, BWoods said:

It appears to be the Active Layer Display Options that has a minimum width. If I take it from the right side, I'm able to adjust the library browser freely. The issue is that this minimum width seems to have arbitrarily increased with the x13 beta for no apparent reason. I'm using multiple monitors but the other monitors are typically used for other things needed to see for the drawing. I'd like to keep the windows separated between the right and the left as I prefer the drawing area centered in the screen.

Am I just out of luck? I have a large dead area of white space in the layer option panel. 

ac4a9840f0.png

 

Okay, I see what you're saying now and I can confirm.  X13 has a larger minimum than what X12 had.  It seems to be triggered by the Layer Properties section.  Toggle Layer Properties off and you can get it much smaller.  I would suggest you report this as a bug.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am on a mac.

It seems to be that whatever control is checked in the Active Layer Control Options determines the width of the dbx so that all of that options controls display full width.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

 

Okay, I see what you're saying now and I can confirm.  X13 has a larger minimum than what X12 had.  It seems to be triggered by the Layer Properties section.  Toggle Layer Properties off and you can get it much smaller.  I would suggest you report this as a bug.

That's it. Thanks for pointing that out to me. How do I go about reporting a bug for Chief? Will want this one fixed for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dermot said:

The same way you report any other bugs.  You can call (1-208-292-3399), email (support@chiefarchitect.com), or use the online support center (https://support.chiefarchitect.com/home). 

 

More info about contacting support can be found here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/#contact

 

Thanks. I've not had to report a bug yet so wasn't sure if there was a way to do this within the program or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    30382
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    NPDesignStudio
    Newest Member
    NPDesignStudio
    Joined