room elevations when have a room that is 'open below' above it

DenisonDrywall

other than making two interior room elevations and stacking them on top of each other in the layout or tyring to modify a section, how do I get a room elevation to show both levels - full height - of the room when one room is "open to below" above the room.  I did check "ignore railings and invisible walls" but it didn't show throw the ceiling and show the room above.  I have large windows that go between the floors and it is not showing what I want unless i do a cross section.

Thanks!

A cross section is different than a room elevation. I don't need all the framing to show up for room elevations.  With the cross section cropped, i can't make notes and measurements off to the side.  

This has been an issue for me for a long time.

1 hour ago, DenisonDrywall said:

I don't need all the framing to show up for room elevations.

So turn off framing in that camera.

1 hour ago, DenisonDrywall said:

With the cross section cropped, i can't make notes and measurements off to the side.  

Yes you can.  Use a Polyline to do the cropping with a white line or no line border and solid background fill and place that over the whole elevation.  Use the hole in polyline tool to open the part you want seen then do your annotations normally (may need to use the Draw order to make sure the text, arrows, dimensions etc. are on top of the polyline in draw order but you get the gist. I use this for specialized cad details for something I am not going to use again and have a "live" cad detail for one aspect from a camera on a separate layer that is turned off in all views .

This is basically how the new functionality of x13 is supposedly working automatically.