Areas included in Living area calculation

BruceKC

Is there some way to visibly see which rooms/areas are included in the Living Area Calculations rather than going through the floor plan one room at a time?  If I somehow get a room wrong, the whole calculation is wrong and the homeowners are not too happy.  Just curious.  Seems like there could be a "display" option that shades areas that are included or excluded.

Solver, I don't have any idea what that means unless you're saying to draw a polyline around the areas I want to be included.  I can do that, but that's not too easy either.  Not complaining, but it just seems like that would be a great idea to turn on (shaded or some other way) all the rooms either included or excluded in the calculations. 

Thanks guys.  I'll have to explore that, but at first glance, it appears that if you check any room and hit the make standard room polyline, it makes the polyline whether it should be included or not.  Am I doing something wrong?

Solver, I wasn't sure what you meant by "exterior room", but figured it out.  That works great!  Thanks to both of you for your help.  We're wanting to transition from Autocad Architecture 2014 to Chief, and it's a steep learning curve, not to mention completely different toolbars and commands etc.  I really appreciate your help.  Hopefully we'll make this happen!!!!

5 hours ago, BruceKC said:

Seems like there could be a "display" option that shades areas that are included or excluded.

You can do this with Match Properties.

Select a room that you know is part of the living area.

Match Properties from the Edit toolbar.

Select Include in Living Area, OK.

All the rooms that are defined as living area will be hi-lighted.

• Upvote 1

Bruce:

over a decade ago I suggested that there be a schedule created floor by floor showing the living area for each room

for each of the "standard"  methods of calculating living area - each agency has their "official" methods so depending on the cleint

it may vary from project to project 

currently it is a guessing game for you the user to know which is which

Lew