Rocket Science: Include Shower Space in Room Measurements

Seriously, I am not a newbie, but this is always a dumb little thing that bothers me, so I am just throwing it out there:  How do you get the total automatic room measurements to include a shower that is defined by walls (so as to create and preserve its own materials)?

2 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Check No Room Definition for one of the walls, in the wall dbx.

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

- and then use Wall Material Regions in the Shower to have different materials than the rest of the Room.

Thank you Gene and Joe.  Yes, I knew I could simply check "No room definition" on the shower wall to get the shower area included in the bath total, but I was hoping to be able to do so and NOT have to rework the materials.  Lazy me!  :-)  Joe told me what I didn't want to hear:  rework the materials.  Oh well.  

Thanks again.

It always seems a "no def" wall doesn't do good in PBR..  or it could be my settings.. who knows. Those walls always seam to glow.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Defraven
    Newest Member
    Defraven

• By ChiefArchitect
      Blues, greys, warm woods, and accessories from bonus catalogs like Home Spa Accessories and Corbels and Brackets No.2 Shelving create a coastal feeling in this bathroom.
    • By stacimunic
      Hello, 

I am very new to Chief Architect and I am trying to find the best way to create a shower dam (the short 3" wall on the floor of a shower that prevents the water from escaping out of the shower), This wall will also hold the glass walls and doors that the user will access the shower from. Is that created by doing a pony wall, with a 3" lower half or is there a better and easier way to create this?

NOTE: I am using version x11 Interiors (not the PRO version)
    • By HeartwoodRes
      Hey ChiefTalk, how's everyone doing?

I'm trying to make a 7' tall frameless shower with a partial ponywall on one side and a curb under the rest, as shown in the attached picture.

I've successfully created what I want with two different methods:
      1. Creating glass slab half walls at my desired height, then using soffits to create the ponywall and curb under the glass wall
      2. Using a pony wall, where the bottom half is the 6" tall curb and the top half is my 7' tall glass wall

However, anytime I try to paint a new material onto the soffits (the correct tile finish), the glass wall cuts off half of the soffit, both on the curb and the ponywall (shown in second picture).

Why would the material painter screw up my soffits? It’s not changing anything structurally, just the appearance of the soffits (Right?). I've been instructed both by the reference manual and other users on this forum to use soffits to create simplistic surfaces like this shower curb, so I'm a bit vexed.

p.s. While we’re at it, if anyone has a suggestion for a better way to create a frameless glass shower like this, I’m all ears. This is simply the way that I figured out how to do it myself.

Thanks!

• By joeyp42690
      I am having difficulty with a project i am working with. I’m doing a remodeling job that the house is on pillar and the addition to the front on the owner wants to put it on slab. The house it self is on 2’ pillars, plus the house has 8’ walls. When I try to come off the exiting top plate of the house and build the addition with 9’ walls, in which the new room will be below 1’ of the pillars the program automatically changes the house to 9’ wall and everything stays even how do I get it to not change my existing walls?
    • By jsphillips33
      Can you make a shower with tile walls?  Can you make a shower with a tile shower pan?  Can you add shower faucets to the walls?  Can you design a tile pattern on the walls or floors?