Chief Incredibly Slow After Updating Windows

ChiefOshkosh

So I posted about this a while back but now I have a video to demonstrate the difference that I'm coming across.

Both computers are running near similar specs, both running the WINDOWS version of chief via bootcamp

Both are on windows 8.1, same gfx card, near same processor, same resolution, both have fast SSDs, etc.

heres the link to the video on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJiIwI9cxeg

please notice the difference in load times and FPS while looking through the plan in 3D. I need both computers to run chief as well as the one on the left. 

//EDIT

Not to mention, both computers run the OSX version at a low framerate as well, similar to the performance on the Retina mac on the right. any explanation for this?

What are the differences in the machines? If the one one on the right is a retina display then the video card may be driving more pixels than the one on the left so it would be expected to see a difference in speed based solely on that. Do you have the screen resolution set to be the same on both systems?

Memory usage could be a factor.

Other applications running in the background could be a factor.

Really looks like a video issue. Before I upgraded my video card I would get choppy renders like you're showing. I suspect, like Doug above, that the retina display is asking more of your video card than the older machine.

One thing you can try is a smaller model, like 4 walls and a roof. See if that's also choppy. If it's not then your model size is probably stressing the video capabilities of your newer machine. If it's still choppy then either the video card is simply undersized/spec'd for Chief rendering engine with the retina display or there are other issues over my pay grade. BTW none of that helps with the frustration I know none to well. Let us know if you resolve the issues.