Roof Trusses/ Attic Wall Settings Cutting Into Neighbouring Room

bernie

hi,

trying to draw my roof framing properly all in trusses (not rafters)

when manually putting a single truss on the left hand roof,

chief is drawing the truss all the way across over the middle roof plane.

suspect it is something to do with my attic wall settings? separating the 2 roof plane regions?

what are the correct chief settings to put on the wall(s) objects, roof groups, room settings,

so when I manually draw a truss on the 3 roof planes, they 'behave' and draw as they should?

notes:

1. when I build my roof framing in rafters, all is sweet

2. yes, I set the sides = high shed, end = full gable

3. running latest x6. could be an x5 file. shouldnt matter.

attached is my .plan file cut down and some screen capture showing the issues - there are several truss issues - what are the correct chief model settings?.

cheers,

bernie

NZ

ps: scott this would be a good video to show how to do trusses in the 'real world'....

post-526-0-75465100-1416906133_thumb.jpg

post-526-0-93165900-1416906144_thumb.jpg

1460_x6_henessey11cutdown.zip

Bernie,

If the problem is where the roof trusses are building out to the fascia line on the high end of the roof, then checking Energy Heel in the Roof Truss Specification dbx will give you just the top cord cantilevering from the external wall to the fascia. 

Like this:

post-106-0-31396100-1416913052_thumb.jpg

scott I mean walls are 36mm thick (no framing in them) high density walls

or roughly 1.25 inch thick in your lingo so that is why there is no wall framing displayed

doing backclipped cross sections on walls like this doesnt show anything - hence why I have "walls, normal" turned on so when I do a backclipped cross section Ive got something that shows the wall outline.

ok see picture. 1 last issue to resolve... see the 2 end roof planes, where they overlap the middle roof, the top chords.

how do i get the top chords to extend out to where they should be, out to the fascia?

they are stopping short - shouldnt.

im using energy heel trusses slightly raised off bottom plate and have drawn the middle roof trusses first to force the 2 end roof plane trusses to stop short.

post-526-0-61761300-1416949468_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

I know this is a really old thread, but the actual answer to Scott's issue with the drawing sheet is under "View" then very bottom of drop down toggle "Drawing Sheet" on or off. This had bugged me too and was not sure how to rid of it then stumbled onto Scott's video, but solution by JB did not work. My check box was not selected. Just an FYI if Scott has not figured it out by now, and I guess he has....