BnCKelley

Auto elevations

How can I "turn off" everything below my terrain (top of grade) in the auto elevations. I've been reading for 30 minutes and can't find it. Thanks

I use a layer set (ELEVATIONS, EXTERIOR) and the layer WALLS, FOUNDATION is set to light gray and dashed to achieve this..

image.thumb.png.b818c73c060f61073895c16543f60c2c.png

If you don't want anything showing, put a thick "grade line" on your elevation and after sending it to layout, pull the view window up to the line...

image.thumb.png.6b57dcf914fa4c09d780dcbbbe2b60cb.png

• Like 1

You can also turn off the ones you will never use in defaults or pull them off if it is just a particular view you are concerned about.

Nice job on the foundation walls Joey.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, joey_martin said:

Working up a daylight basement set now. Foundation walls use my layer settings.

Orestes2.jpg

2 questions:

1- now why do I not see the stone below grade?

2- why is wall below grade dashed but the line of wall above grade solid?

1 - The stone is applied using a wall material region...just as it would be with this type of cultured stone....so I am able to manipulate the bottom edge to follow the terrain.

2 - Pretty much the same as above. When veneer is applied using the wall material region, it "hides" the foundation wall below it so that I can use my WALLS, STONE VENNER layer to control the line type and weight.

1 minute ago, joey_martin said:

1 - The stone is applied using a wall material region...just as it would be with this type of cultured stone....so I am able to manipulate the bottom edge to follow the terrain.

2 - Pretty much the same as above. When veneer is applied using the wall material region, it "hides" the foundation wall below it so that I can use my WALLS, STONE VENNER layer to control the line type and weight.

That is what I would of guessed.  

I am not sure I would dash the walls.  I like the way you "hugged" the terrain close to house so as to hide some of foundation wall,  but to avoid the hassle of manipulating the "SOLID" lines above grade,  I would leave them solid above and below grade.

Since you are using the color of the foundation walls,  I would leave the lines solid.

The use of the terrain is very nice.

I am so into editing as little as possible...  if it was real stone,  it would be below grade sitting on some sort of a footing....  if it was applied phony stone.....  it is typically stopped at the stucco street. (above the terrain)....  just thinking out loud

• Upvote 1