RicatRandM

Sketch view?

I was wondering if there is a way to show a preliminary floor plan in a "hand sketched view"?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Here's one quick way:

1. Orthographic Floor Overview (Shift+G)
  2. 3D>View Direction>Top View
  3. 3D>Rendering Techniques>Line Drawing
  4. OPTIONALLY 3D>Toggle Patterns to turn off excessive linework caused by pattern display.

I sometimes will print out a floor plan and then overlay trace paper and redraw with a Flair pen. It can be less intimidating to the client since it has a more "quick" look to it and that it has not been so refined that someone thinks it is unchangeable.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Here's one quick way:

1. Orthographic Floor Overview (Shift+G)
  2. 3D>View Direction>Top View
  3. 3D>Rendering Techniques>Line Drawing
  4. OPTIONALLY 3D>Toggle Patterns to turn off excessive linework caused by pattern display.

Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RicatRandM said:

I was wondering if there is a way to show a preliminary floor plan in a "hand sketched view"?

Just FYI, In addition to Michaels suggestion to use Line Drawing, you can also use Watercolor with Line Drawing 

I typically stack a Plan View and a Top Orthographic view to create these - the plan view can add things like room names and dimensions, while the ortho view can show textures, etc... Also you'll need a translucent rectangle between the two because the ortho top view comes in too color-saturated.

33221759_ScreenShot2020-12-15at10_14_41AM.thumb.png.6f94a4a011fc150e4200a241b12d40ee.png