Stairs, Stairs, Stairs, I have given up......

dshall

Stairs,  Stairs, Stairs,  I have given up......  sad to say,  I don't bother trying to get the stairs correct.  See the attachments,  look at the handrail.  Why doesn't it behave on the 2nd floor?  I know why,  because there is a wall below that for some reason effects how the handrail misbehaves.  

The stairs work perfect if all conditions are ideal,  but I never have the perfect ideal condition for stairs to behave.

It just seems that we should be able to edit the shape of the handrails,  steps,  landing etc, manually.

Do the other 3D programs have these issues?

2076358213_ScreenShot2020-12-10at6_46_42AM.thumb.png.be95e75367f7fa235b0dea97a6214ca6.png1045410356_ScreenShot2020-12-10at6_46_38AM.thumb.png.bedb215ee40793177710ca13042d5fcf.png

• Upvote 1

The problem is that handrails need a wall to generate correctly. . Notice there is no wall above the sink.   It shouldn't be that way but it has been that way forever. If you take a camera view there you will see the stairs, just open

It's been said before and will be again.  Stair Handrails need to be disconnected from the Stairs - and ideally separated from the "Guardrail".  Note that balconies and open sided floor levels require a "Guardrail" but not a "Handrail".  In the case of Stairs and Landings the two are often combined.  In terms of Chief, it would IMNSHO be a lot simpler if they were decoupled from the Stair itself.

• Upvote 1