Different Stair and Deck Railing framing methods?

SPSEngineering

Is there a way in which the railing for both the stairs and the deck/landing...

• can go to the foundation? 
  • can go on the side of the deck/landing and stairs? 

I've been having a lot of trouble getting the program to accurately convey Architecturally different methods of structural framing. I work for a structural engineering firm we prioritize the structure first and let the architecture fall in line when possible.

I've attached the plan and the details that I am trying to produce. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Current Project with existing railing on the side of the stairs and deck:

image.thumb.png.4f9359d3eb7a88560f6e92aa82f5b6b3.png

Structural Plans for the Current Project: 1327 Poquoson Ave.plan

image.thumb.png.0c26dae7a949969ea97b65a3094a96d4.png

Older Project done in Autocad LT, where the railing is on the side of the stairs and the posts goes from the foundation to the beam for the roof, rafters and ceiling joists. 

image.thumb.png.a5e6cbf1365b8431590a3b44b2456a60.png

Your question is not clear.

In Chief, you can do just about anything you want structurally, if you are willing to go manual and edit.  Not quite that flexible in stairs, but you can always do stairs with everything opted out except for stringers and treads, and go manual from there.  There is not as much control in stairs for autobuilding railings exactly as you might want, or getting carriages (stringers) to match what you are specifying.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, solver said:

Railing position has been much discussed and a forum search will find the info. No automatic way to do it.

14 minutes ago, solver said:

It would be helpful to have an image -- one large enough to read and annotated with what you are wanting.

I searched first but I gave up too early, I'll look again and ok I will keep this mind for future questions. Thank you for your reply. 

38 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

In Chief, you can do just about anything you want structurally, if you are willing to go manual and edit.  Not quite that flexible in stairs, but you can always do stairs with everything opted out except for stringers and treads, and go manual from there.  There is not as much control in stairs for autobuilding railings exactly as you might want, or getting carriages (stringers) to match what you are specifying.

Yea, I figured this much the problem would be the stairs. Thank you for your reply. 

This is a much requested feature for Chief and it was mentioned this week in another thread by Dermot, one of the Developers, that Chief has it on their  ToDo List, being it is a common practice these days and also how I do all mine now, but it was still being worked on.

Search the Forum for Fascia Mounted Railing you will find a few Threads going back 4-5 years at least i'd say.....including mine :) 

M.