Line Color - Cross Section

QualicoreHomes

Hello Chiefers, 

Is it possible to change the line color for a Backclipped Cross Section view?  I have a callout on both sides of the plan with a short/long dashed line connecting them which is black but I would like it to be more of a lighter grey so that it is lighter on the prints.  Can't seem to find anything in the settings and changing the layer color doesn't do it.  Thanks for any help!

Capture 22.PNG

1 hour ago, QualicoreHomes said:

Hello Chiefers, 

Is it possible to change the line color for a Backclipped Cross Section view?  I have a callout on both sides of the plan with a short/long dashed line connecting them which is black but I would like it to be more of a lighter grey so that it is lighter on the prints.  Can't seem to find anything in the settings and changing the layer color doesn't do it.  Thanks for any help!

Capture 22.PNG

Change to a different or new layer set and change the items you want to the color and weight style you want. 

1 hour ago, QualicoreHomes said:

Can't seem to find anything in the settings and changing the layer color doesn't do it.

It is controlled by the layer color.  You just won't see it change if the camera is open.  Send to layout or close the camera and you'll see the line color change.

Thank you very much!!

I should have been more patient and checked out the layout page also (or just close a cross section view camera) but when I was trying it, I changed the layer to a red color to check it and only the color of the 3D overview cameras changed on my working plan but not the cross section lines so I assumed it wasn't working.  However when I send it to the layout, as Michael suggested, the cross section lines also had a different color. 

I assume it is not possible to have the callout on a separate layer as the cross section line? If that was the case it would really suit the situation because I want the cross section lines less visible on the floorplan layout to make it cleaner looking but the callouts on the side can stay black and very visible.     

16 minutes ago, QualicoreHomes said:

I assume it is not possible to have the callout on a separate layer as the cross section line? If that was the case it would really suit the situation because I want the cross section lines less visible on the floorplan layout to make it cleaner looking but the callouts on the side can stay black and very visible.     

You can do this, just not using a single callout. Use a cad line for the section cut line, assign it to its own layer, and place it behind the callout in the drawing order.

Thanks for that!  I was doing something similar to that but whenever I moved the camera, the lines have to be manually moved also which is why I started to look into this to save some time.  Personally I would like the program to improve on items like that, which can make it easier and faster to produce construction drawings rather then all the 3D Photo stuff which I find is plenty good the way it is for showing the customer what the project will look like.