TKInteriors

Molding help

Hi there,

I created a custom molding using polylines then created "Molding" symbol.

It wraps fine on the inside corners but doesn't connect at the outside corner.

See attached. And thanks in advance for the help.

Kind regards, Tamela

IMG_3031.thumb.jpg.db567676020b5688586a8db399014fa4.jpg634009916_ScreenShot2020-11-10at5_13.05PM(3).thumb.png.0df8ace387a0faaa0946307c34c1a191.png 

3 minutes ago, TKInteriors said:

then created "Molding" symbol.

After drawing your molding, you simply add it to the library -- this does not involve making a symbol.

Have you assigned your molding profile to each cabinet, or are you using a Molding Polyline?

Attaching the plan file is generally the quickest way to get an answer.

And please check your messages.

X12 Premier

The molding is wrapping soffits and walls.

I didn't use a Molding Polyline.

...back to the drawing board.

Thank you, Tamela

Did you create a 3D Molding Symbol or a 2D Molding Profile?

The first are made from 3D objects, the second are made from a 2D cad profile. 

Looks like you may have created a 3D Molding Symbol.

A 3D Molding Symbol will not wrap an external corner - or an internal corner, it just looks like it does - it stops perpendicular to the walls.

5 hours ago, TKInteriors said:

...back to the drawing board.

Thank you, Tamela

Have a look at this thread from yesterday about Creating a Molding you can apply to a Molding Line

(or in some DBX's such as Window Sills and Lintels) , it should get you started and isn't that difficult.

Custom Window Lintel - General Q & A - ChiefTalk Forum (chiefarchitect.com)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefJeet
    Newest Member
    ChiefJeet

• By SNestor
      Is there anything I can do to either reduce or eliminate the lines the column moldings are producing in vector view?  I did convert the curve to a polyline...and divided the circle into very small parts...but it doesn't seem to help.  

Any ideas would by great.  Thanks.

Here's a couple pics...a sample plan is attached also. (Column Molding in Vector View.plan)

• By Aamir77
      Folks!
      Want to make sewage path. Made the PVC lines with polyline solid cylinder tool but unable to make a cylinder 90* bend. Please HELP
    • By pgjacob
      Hi All
      I am wondering if you can create a new material from polylines.  I have made many new materials from images.  But in this instance I would like to make a series of metal circles to use to "paint" a hemi-sphere.  I could find an image to use to do this, but I want the circles to actually have real holes so light can shine through them.  I have attached an example of this for a light.  I am able to create a series of holes using a circle and the 3D molding polyline, multiple copy them and add to the library, but material is not an option.  This may not be possible...
      thanks
      melissa

• By WhistlerBuilder
      I have been trying to import terrain data from a dwg. I can get the terrain perimeter to work but the topo lines will not convert to polylines even though they have shared endings.

I attached both the original dwg, and the topo layers isolated as their own file.

This has been very frustrating as I have followed all the steps in the online knowledge base but the lines will never convert to polylines when imported. Any suggestions?
      Topo Layers isolated.dwg
      18046D_ACAD 2010_TOPO IMPERIAL.dwg
    • By kgcvt453
      I am working on a living room/kitchen where I have added a cathedral ceiling and exposed beams.  I wanted to make the walls higher since the beams can't go above the wall height.  After I adjusted my walls to 12' the molding stayed at the default wall height.  How can I move the molding to match the new wall height?