RRFDesign

Custom Window Lintel

I want to create a Craftsman window detail.  4" wide casings, lintel - 1" parting bead, Fascia 6' with crown on top. Help please  X12 Premier

image.thumb.png.81c4241414c1e8a924dff522140ce54e.png

14 minutes ago, RRFDesign said:

X12 Premier

Please update your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

What specifically do you need help with?

Did you try a forum search for lintel? I believe you will find some helpful info.

2 hours ago, RRFDesign said:

I want to create a Craftsman window detail.  4" wide casings, lintel - 1" parting bead, Fascia 6' with crown on top. Help please  X12 Premier

It's best to draw the Lintel ( known locally as a Header ) as a Single outline and save it to your Library and then apply it as the Molding on the Lintel Tab

Same Idea for the Sill - draw it as one piece . and check some of the setting in the Pics below .

image.thumb.png.17501ebe8a5bb4802a77df08f2948060.pngimage.thumb.png.b1eabb1c78747fd205356a36311aca86.png

Maybe a KB Article on doing this too ....which maybe helpful for 1st Timers....

Yep ...here's 1 I found :  Creating and Editing Molding Profiles (chiefarchitect.com)

* found an old Video too Drawing and Combining Molding Profiles (chiefarchitect.com)

M.

I made this video about lintels using X11...but, it's all the same in X12.  Hope it helps you out...

• Like 1

There is a Craftsman Lintel (Header) in the Chief Library,search Craftsman Lintel.

Have a great Day, Ken