carowe

Cannot open objects or specifications after Windows Update

My computer installed a windows update last night and now I cannot open any objects or specifications for any items without the software freezing.  Any suggestions?  Has anyone else experienced this?

This sounds like it may be a video driver issue.
I'd recommend going to your computer manufacturer's website to download and install the most recent video driver update they provide for your machine.

Windows is a PITA on stuff like this, just checking - but have you rebooted the computer?

I'll check video driver and yes I've rebooted several times - but thanks for the reminder!

I was having a problem after the Windows update last week.  Somehow Onedrive was stuck on replacing the User Library file and my system kept freezing.  As soon as I shut off Onedrive, I was good to go.  Your system is pretty robust so not sure that's your problem.

On 11/6/2020 at 12:26 PM, carowe said:

I'll check video driver and yes I've rebooted several times - but thanks for the reminder!

There was a Driver Issue that sounds similar to yours back in X11 but have not seen it reported in X12

GeForce Experience should keep the Drivers Updated for you , assuming you ( Dell? ) are using it ?  but I think Dell also has it's own Command Center or something too?

The latest is 457.09  but I'm not having issues on 456.71 either.   Available here too Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

If your Dell uses Nahimic Audio as some do , there is a known issue with it's Sonic Radar App causing Issues on Multi Monitor Systems too,

there is a fix, I posted in the Tips section for that as well.

Multi Monitor Issue Fix for Computers with Nahimic Audio - Tips & Techniques - ChiefTalk Forum (chiefarchitect.com)

M.