stevenyhof

Living Area Square feet notation disappears.

I'm working on a new plan and just noticed that my Living Area square feet notation is missing. This is the second plan I have worked on in the past number of days that this has happened. 

Known issue - this will correct it...

Tools, Checks, Plan Check

• Like 1

There must be something in the water.  It feels like this hadn’t been brought up in months and then about six people asked about it within a span of about three weeks.  

Yes.  Use Plan Check to bring it back.  I wouldn’t call it a “known issue“ though. It’s just the way the software works and it’s in the documentation. It’s definitely a little goofy but I’m guessing Chief just didn’t see the need to make an entire tool for “bring living area label back”. 

• Like 1

Michael:

I can think of three places that would make more sense than "plan check"

1. Preferences - under "Reset Options"

2. Room Specification Dialog - under General 

3.  Plan Defaults 

Lew

17 hours ago, stevenyhof said:

I'm working on a new plan and just noticed that my Living Area square feet notation is missing. This is the second plan I have worked on in the past number of days that this has happened. 

I keep a text file with Chief fixes that I only use once in a blue moon. The living area is one of the items. Another is turning off rooms in the layer set to show the subfloor ISO the finish floor.