Site Plan Layout Lines

00Zero

This is the first time this issue has come up for me, but now that I am looking into it, I cannot find a solution.

My client printed the attached site plan, and the house outline does not print for him. I have no problem on my printer, so I think it has something to do with his.

But I wanted to make the lines thicker to see what happened.

No matter how I adjust line weights, I cannot get them darker or thicker. In the file "3" the default CAD lines have a line weight of 3, in the file "500" I changed the line weight to 500 and there is no difference.

What am I missing?

Jeff

3.pdf

500.pdf

Once you have your  line weights and layersets the way you want , save the plan as a template plan so you don't have to do it again. Try working with anno-sets for auto linestyles and weights and quick automatic changing of different views (plan view to site plan view etc.). Once set up it's done and ready to go.

For my site plans I export the reduced detail floor plan into DXF and then import that DXF onto the site plan.

It's much easier to adjust the house plan to the lot lines this way.

All layers are exported to the Default CAD Layer. As stated before, even at line weight 500 it does not change.

I tried saving as PDF but did not get a different result.

I am using PDF Creator Plus 6.0.

Prints fine for me but both look identical. 

Try attaching the plan and layout and you may get a better answer.

On a side note, I have had PDF's in the past that need time to "draw" (within the PDF reader) before printing.  Just a guess without a plan and layout, but there's a possibility the PDF hadn't finished "drawing" before your client hit print...especially if he/she has an older and slower computer and/or an older and slower PDF reader.

For my site plans I export the reduced detail floor plan into DXF and then import that DXF onto the site plan.

It's much easier to adjust the house plan to the lot lines this way.

All layers are exported to the Default CAD Layer. As stated before, even at line weight 500 it does not change.

I tried saving as PDF but did not get a different result.

I am using PDF Creator Plus 6.0.

That's just the wrong way to do it, as chief recommends. Yes it can be done that way, but using layersets can be done automatically and much faster. The idea of Chief is not to have much cad in your drawings at all. You shouldn't have to export anything.  It's all there for you if you just take the time to learn it. Watch some video's

Each different layerset can have it's own line weights applied.

That's just the wrong way to do it, as chief recommends. Yes it can be done that way, but using layersets can be done automatically and much faster. The idea of Chief is not to have much cad in your drawings at all. You shouldn't have to export anything.  It's all there for you if you just take the time to learn it. Watch some video's

Each different layerset can have it's own line weights applied.

Totally agree,  it's auto and live.