Help Needed on Reproducing m's Structural Standards in Chief Architect?My Fir

My firm has structural standards that are normally done in AutoCAD. I want to be able to achieve them in chief architect.

This is our section annotation. I was able to create the top but I need help on the triangle on the tail.

image.thumb.png.51c36f8f397a15b8e487186ce052e1a1.png

Also, is there a way to change the appearance or display the structural framing members as a polyline in plan view and have them as original in 3D? 

We currently use polylines for our joists, headers, girders, beams, rafters, etc. with a 1" to 3"  Global Line Width and either phantom, continuous, or dashed/hidden line types in AutoCAD.

image.thumb.png.12fceb07804fea0208919dbd3eec829b.png

I want to be able to produce our structural drawings like in chief architect instead of going back in forth because I like the auto framing features in chief. 

Let me know if additional files are needed for clarity. Or if this is the wrong forum for this topic.

You may need to wait for the release of X13 for the callout tails but for now you can draw them with cad or import from AutoCad and then keep them blocked in your library or template plan.

See Plan Defaults for the 2D framing display :

image.thumb.png.6233190a3a24e0af8c60a02bfd73e45f.png

Line style and weight/colour can be controlled by layer.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

You may need to wait for the release of X13 for the callout tails but for now you can draw them with cad or import from AutoCad and then keep them blocked in your library or template plan.

See Plan Defaults for the 2D framing display :

image.thumb.png.6233190a3a24e0af8c60a02bfd73e45f.png

Line style and weight/colour can be controlled by layer.

Just to add that setting is floor specific.  So you will need to change it on all floors or set it that way in your template before adding any floors.

10 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

You may need to wait for the release of X13 for the callout tails...

or X14, or X15 or X16 or.......as Chief has been unwilling to add that simple feature (tails etc. to call outs) for many, many releases. A feature that many would use on every single plan. For now it has to be manually.