Why Does This Happen?

OldCKD

....especially when I'm under the gun timewise?

Opened layout today, went to make a few quick changes before printing; clients coming in this afternoon.

I usually double-click from the layout to get to the correct elevation to make the changes on, save the camera, close the view and then it updates the layout page.

Today, every single upper cabinet is showing up as dotted lines.  Only the uppers.  Weird.  See attached example.  Tried closing and re-opening and a few other Hail Mary moves, but no dice.

What's more disconcerting is, every single elevation in the plan has the dotted-line uppers...I don't have time to manually re-draw each area...ugh.

Any explanation?  And I need a quick fix if you've got one!

TIA

post-192-0-26282500-1415379308_thumb.jpg

Check what layerset your camera view is using, maybe you accidently had Make copy of layerset and upper cabs might be dotted in that layerset. open your camera view again and resend making sure make copy is not checked. Just a thought.

Check what layerset your camera view is using, maybe you accidently had Make copy of layerset and upper cabs might be dotted in that layerset. open your camera view again and resend making sure make copy is not checked. Just a thought.

That  would of been my guess.

Here we go....good luck!

The issues seem to primarily lie with elevations B1, B2, H, and W.

The kitchen seems fine!

No idea WTH is going on - it was fine yesterday!

This is the plan I was talking about a few months back, the plan was drawn in V9 and I imported it from the builder (I'm in X6), so the perimeter etc. is all drawn by someone else, I am only doing the interior 'fittings'.  I hope the problem is not because it's a hybrid!

MessedUpElevationsPlan.zip

To more directly answer the Post's question, why this happens is a direct result of being in a hurry and having a deadline to meet. The more important the meeting - the more likely it will happen, very much like the chance of the toast landing jam side down is directly proportional to the expense of the surface it will land on.

Or when you're driving and are in a real hurry, that's the only time the old lady driving 12 miles an hour will pull out in front of you.

These rules cannot be changed. No amount of effort can prevent these things from occurring. Even though you zipped the file, the deadline looming will keep the plan from being posted. Nothing can be done except to have a laugh at how the world works. (and oh yeah, try zipping the file again - or not as Robert suggests)

OK guys - after it became obvious that the universe is working against me today (multiple messed up elevations, file won't zip) I went back and deleted all the cameras that represented the bizarre elevations.  Started off with new cameras, and (whew) the dotted lines were no longer there.  I really had to get.it.done. so I did a workaround, so to speak.  Really had no choice - 4:45 meeting looms!

It apparently had something to do with the particular camera(s), the camera settings, or...?  I haven't had this happen before and I've been on Chief since early X3. 

You are so right that the world always seems to conspire against you when there's a deadline.  If only it worked the other way around too!