Help With A Deck.

rlackore

Go to solution Solved by dshall,

My problem is with a deck on an as-built. Different sections of the deck have the planking running in different directions, so I divided the deck into three rooms. See this picture:

post-95-0-31197800-1415126091_thumb.png

The selected room has the plank running the correct way. The other two sections need the plank rotated 90 degrees. However, no matter what settings I use in the Deck tab of the Room Specification dbx, I can't get the plank orientation to change. In the ortho camera view, I can't even select the other two deck rooms - why, I would like to know. Any help would be appreciated.

Plan attached: 14044.plan

I have to go buy a mouse now because my Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX has failed. This is the second MX I've burned through in two years. I can't recommend them, though when they are working, they perform really well.

• Solution

This is frustrating and silly,  but here is the sollution.....  change the planking THICKNESS for each deck.  Deck#1 has 1.5" planking,  deck #2 has 1.40" planking and deck #3 has 1.6" thick planking.

Keep the deck joists at the same level,  but there  will be essentially an imperceptible step from deck to deck of about 0.1".

Frustrating,  but it works.

post-50-0-91278300-1415130004_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1