Using camera causes program (X11) to quit responding

Terry121

I was working on a new set of plans this morning and initiated a perspective full overview. The program would not generate the view. Walked away for 15 minutes. Came back and still had the little blue whirligig and could not access any menus. Had to use the task manager to close the program. Restarted and had the same issue. Tried a different plan and had the same issue. Any suggestions? Re-install?

3 hours ago, Terry121 said:

I was working on a new set of plans this morning and initiated a perspective full overview. The program would not generate the view. Walked away for 15 minutes. Came back and still had the little blue whirligig and could not access any menus. Had to use the task manager to close the program. Restarted and had the same issue. Tried a different plan and had the same issue. Any suggestions? Re-install?

By chance did you add something new to your user library?

This sounds like a system issue, such as a video card or driver issue.  See if this tech article helps:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html

If all else fails, then contact our technical support department during our normal business hours:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/

Please post your Nvidia Driver Version or add it to your Sig.  there have been many reports of this this week , so either a new Nvidia Driver is causing it ot the new Windows 10 Update to Version 2004 has caused it I am thinking. I don't have 2004 , so no issue here ( yet) 

Nvidia Driver 446.14 here 

image.thumb.png.87274e572d4f0a0563c6c4753bfa0fd4.pngimage.thumb.png.81afa024d92d77e9c668a15509d8a0ed.png 

1237724537_Systeminfo.thumb.png.3f92403d57eff51e56d7ce8404bc8c8c.png

Here is the system info you were asking about. 

Here is a new twist...

if I click on a plan file it will open Chief and load (just won't do 3d) but...

if I click the Chief icon in the start menu, it starts to load the program but stalls, just a blank Chief screen and a blank Welcome to Chief Architect screen, and the blue whirly

2 hours ago, Terry121 said:

1237724537_Systeminfo.thumb.png.3f92403d57eff51e56d7ce8404bc8c8c.png

Here is the system info you were asking about. 

Here is a new twist...

if I click on a plan file it will open Chief and load (just won't do 3d) but...

if I click the Chief icon in the start menu, it starts to load the program but stalls, just a blank Chief screen and a blank Welcome to Chief Architect screen, and the blue whirly

Was hoping to find a common link between the numerous reports this week of 3D not working  but both Win10 and your Nvidia Driver are older, the nvidia driver almost 18mths old but I am not sure that is the issue but you can try a new Driver 446.14 is the latest here :

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

image.thumb.png.e7f3dd09e1ac555e30880fc92fa7adb1.png