Special use arrows...where'd they go?

robdyck

I'm attempting (yes, attempting) to show in plan view all the footing elevations of a ridiculous stepped foundation. In the past, I used a special use arrow to report that information, but woe is me, I can't find them and I'm simply not smart enough to type all that crap in manually without making at least 1 mistake.

On 5/1/2020 at 5:51 PM, glennw said:

Special Use Arrows were dropped in X12.

FWIW, they can be copied from older plans and they still work in X12. I'm curious, what does everyone else do to relay height information of footings, piles, or other items?

Here's an example...the pink text is using a special use arrow on a layer that does not appear on the printed plans, but I use it for quick reference.

image.thumb.png.6cb9123bb784aba368706f1f7af3977d.png

2 hours ago, robdyck said:

FWIW, they can be copied from older plans and they still work in X12. I'm curious, what does everyone else do to relay height information of footings, piles, or other items?

Here's an example...the pink text is using a special use arrow on a layer that does not appear on the printed plans, but I use it for quick reference.

image.thumb.png.6cb9123bb784aba368706f1f7af3977d.png

I like to use notes for everything of this sort. Having the ability to have an ordered list is huge to me. Simple to setup and extremely robust.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

I like to use notes for everything of this sort. Having the ability to have an ordered list is huge to me. Simple to setup and extremely robust.

If  / when you have time, I wouldn't mind seeing some examples. I'm currently using an elevation marker in plan view, and in elevation view. The elevation view is simpler as I don't need to type in or reference the data... the %height% macro does this. I'd certainly consider using a note type for this if I could simplify the plan view referencing of  those elevations.

image.thumb.png.fa2f3979ce3918b1b113a68350ab68cd.png

3 hours ago, robdyck said:

If  / when you have time, I wouldn't mind seeing some examples. I'm currently using an elevation marker in plan view, and in elevation view. The elevation view is simpler as I don't need to type in or reference the data... the %height% macro does this. I'd certainly consider using a note type for this if I could simplify the plan view referencing of  those elevations.

image.thumb.png.fa2f3979ce3918b1b113a68350ab68cd.png

I'm buried up to my ears in deadlines at the moment else I would gladly. 

Note types can carry any number of macros along with many custom fields that can report to/from macros and all the while having a note schedule with custom fields etc. Makes for a great system.

I also use notes to order my details and callouts across elevations/plan view/etc.

Robert...  I'm curious how you do this?
I assume your plate is flush with outside of foundation, and then there's 1/2" plywood.  So for the siding on the foundation... 1/2" PT sleepers and short screws, or just glue or  ?

Siding.JPG

7 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Robert...  I'm curious how you do this?
I assume your plate is flush with outside of foundation, and then there's 1/2" plywood.  So for the siding on the foundation... 1/2" PT sleepers and short screws, or just glue or  ?

On the plans, I call for 2x4's embedded flatwise @ 24" o.c. to the exterior face of the concrete foundation wall, which provides a simple attachment point allowing the wall sheathing to be extended down. But what to do when (not if) the foundation crew says 'forget that noise' and doesn't bother to follow the plan? Powder Actuated Fasteners to fasten the 3/8" OSB to the foundation wall! That kinda works to staple stucco wire onto (the staples hit the concrete and mash up into the OSB), but for fiber cement siding??? 

And yes, that's how it often goes around here.