GaryOhmer

Isosceles Trapezoid window

Recommended Posts

Is it possible to create a isosceles trapezoid window?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. This is a window symbol, but if X10 has the Inserts Into Wall option, I'd use it with another type of symbol.

 

Searching the forum should bring up more info.

 

ct1.png.7bfa397dbe7698765ebe3ea0f6f21b88.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that you can do the sides , but what about the top and bottom - matching two opposing roofs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attach a drawing or picture of what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably need to make a window symbol as I mentioned above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a few ways to do that.  It’s a bit easier in X11 and X12, but here’s a video I made a few versions back that you might be able to glean some tips from...

 


...Just make the desired shape while the window is standing upright and then use the other tips in the video to get the rest of the way there.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

...Just make the desired shape while the window is standing upright and then use the other tips in the video to get the rest of the way there.

Another very clever solution.  
Having watched, I can't help but wonder... if you had first rotated the window in the plan you used to create the symbol, and then instead of turning it into a regular symbol, turned it into a window, would it have worked and still maintained window properties (transparent glass, window label, schedule, etc)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Michael!

 

Not just for this one, but for all you do for others (including me) on this forum!

 

Best Wishes,

Charles

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DzinEye said:

Another very clever solution.  
Having watched, I can't help but wonder... if you had first rotated the window in the plan you used to create the symbol, and then instead of turning it into a regular symbol, turned it into a window, would it have worked and still maintained window properties (transparent glass, window label, schedule, etc)? 


I haven’t watched that video since I made it (if I even watched it then), so I don’t remember if I made any mention of it or not, but I very rarely use window symbols for anything (except creating curved objects).  They have too many weird issues to contend with.  Most notably, the cutout shape is severely limited, the 2D block options are severely limited, and they don’t actually insert into walls like they should.  Instead, they behave like a surface attachment.  They’re really not very useful for their intended purpose in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CharlesVolz said:

Thanks Michael!

 

Not just for this one, but for all you do for others (including me) on this forum!

 

You are always welcome Charles.  Thank YOU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27849
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    goshgolly
    Newest Member
    goshgolly
    Joined