No you do not need SSA but the cost to upgrade will be higher. With SSA you would have already paid for the upgrade cost.

If you already have SSA, you should find X12 in your digital locker.  If you don't have SSA, the cost to upgrade from X11 is $695 right now:

ssa vs upgrade.jpg

• Upvote 1

If you had SSA but it is not current , they used to have a forgiveness period to reinstate it , but that may not apply now X12 has been released, you'd have to talk to Sales to get the correct info....

M.

3 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

If you had SSA but it is not current , they used to have a forgiveness period to reinstate it , but that may not apply now X12 has been released, you'd have to talk to Sales to get the correct info....

M.

Good point. I had this situation several years ago and they did some form of prorating of my SSA so I could upgrade at a lesser cost.