Polyline Solids On The Second Floor (Rant)

4hotshoez

Either this is a

1. bug

2. poor programming

3. I am not understanding the benefits of the Polyline Solid on different floor levels.

I made a plate glass mirror from a Polyline Solid on the first floor and then copy it to a bathroom on the second floor. It shows fine in the second floor plan bathroom but not in the 3D camera. As it turns out while it shows in plan as being on the second floor, it is actually sitting on the first floor in 3D but not the first floor plan. This is just stupid (or I am). Why does a polyline solid not reference its height from the floor it is placed? Why Should I have to calculate the height placement why Chief has all of that info?

I can't fix the problem with Polyline Solids for you, but alternatively you could build the mirror out of something that does reference the floor, such as a soffit.

I just thought of that after using the Soffit for a soffit on the second floor. Has the inconsistency with the polyline solid been lodged with "star command"?

In Archicad we had similar objects but in the dialog window both the dimension to the current floor and the dimension to the main or first floor was given and you could modify both. I would like to make this a suggestion. Do I have your permission Scott Hall?

In Archicad we had similar objects but in the dialog window both the dimension to the current floor and the dimension to the main or first floor was given and you could modify both. I would like to make this a suggestion. Do I have your permission Scott Hall?

Are you kidding me ? This is a super idea. What you are asking for is object elevation above the floor it is on as well as absolute elevation...... Similar to what we have in structure dbx, (ceiling ht. from the floor it is on and absolute ceiling height)"

Why don't you put this in suggestions?