Designer100

Pier and beam issues framing and floor deck showing.

Does anyone know why my pier and beam foundation floor joists and beams disappear when I try to do perpective and I have to back out of it? Open old one! I custom drawn floor joist and pads and 1 concrete block on each pad then drew beams and floor joists. I keep trying to pull siding down over to cover the beams and floor joists and then they all disappear. I need the floor decking to appear on a section over floor joist to with deck up level with entry and grass under home.

I did this project in Chief x11. I would appreciate any help in this apartment.

Thanks

Newell Cheatheam

Katy,Tx. 77450

newell.cheatheam@gmail.com

Floor Joists layout 02.28.2020.jpg

rendering 02.28.2020.jpg

Apartment_Plan.plan

I opened your file in X12 and pulled the siding down as per your post. 

Here is the result.

Apartment.thumb.jpg.154fc4526dbb5888859c042ce489e64f.jpg

So maybe this is an X11 glitch, or maybe try one of the following.

1) Restart your system and try again

2) Reinstall X11 and try again

3) Install X12 (I really like it)

Hope one of these works for you

Have a look at this file you need to set floor under this room on first floor room  auto buid joists and you should be back in action also i would draw draw a wall on foundation level to cover beams i try not to pull down walls

Apartment_Plan.plan

Thank you Mark#D,

Do you or someone else know how to bring the front porch deck up by Entry door with 4 steps to ground? Also put grass under apartment.

Newell Cheatheam

www.newellsdesigns.com

This is in X11. I have x12 but this small apt and main house in x11

newell@newellcheatheam.com

rendering 02.28.2020.jpg

Apartment_Plan.plan

you should be able to just draw the steps and for grass under  open terrain and un tick hide terrain intersection buy building plus rebuild deck framing it will raise as you have already altered the floor level

30 minutes ago, Designer100 said:

Also put grass under apartment.

Grass does not grow so well under apartments.  Maybe a terrain feature with sand or gravel. 

• Like 1

I cannot get this front porch deck to build and have 4 steps. Can anyone help? It cust out beams when I try to do porch.

Thanks if someone can assist.

Newell Cheatheam

x11 

newell@newellcheatheam.com 

Katy,Tx. 

Apartment_Plan.plan

the beams under the house disappear because you stole them from the deck  so rebuild deck framing the draw new house floor beams  then draw your stairs  see if that works

If you still want the siding to cover the floor beams take a look at the settings for the living room floor.

Apartment_Plan_Chopped.plan

19 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

If you still want the siding to cover the floor beams take a look at the settings for the living room floor.

Apartment_Plan_Chopped.plan

good idea