Printing Schedules

BigFoot

Is there an easy (ish) way to print a schedule to 8.5x11 paper? I made a portrait 8.5x11 layout page, but on a long schedule it is not very straightforward to have it break into 2 or 3 pages.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I am using Chief Premier X13.  I need to create a door schedule and have many doors.  I make my schedules on 'CAD Details' and then send them to Layouts.  But since there are many doors, I need to break the table into two or three to fit on one 24"x36" sheet.  I've been using crop in Layout Boxes but wanted to ask if there is a better way?  The disadvantage of using layout boxes is that when I make changes on my schedule (height or width wise) and do not fix layout boxes, there is chance of getting it printed wrong or incomplete.  On smaller projects, I have my schedules in a box and that box out line is shown on my layout sheets, that way I know nothing is being cut-off or left out when printed.

I am thinking there should be an efficient way.

Looks like BigFoot found the answer, not sure if it was from the videos (which do not show up now).  Could Chopsaw please reload the vidoes or share a link?

On 2/13/2020 at 8:21 PM, BigFoot said:

Thank you, that is just what I was looking for!

On 2/13/2020 at 7:50 PM, Chopsaw said:

Here are a few tips from Michael on how it can be done accurately.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, PolArch said:

Could Chopsaw please reload the vidoes or share a link?

Sorry those were not my personal video's.  Michaels method was not one I had personally used but had bookmarked for when the situation came up so can not recall all the exact details.  I think it involved some cad detail from view methods and point to point moves but not sure.

You can PM @Alaskan_Son to see if he will share an archived copy of his original video.

Thank you for the prompt response!  Another way I just started working on is segregating Tables by Door types viz. Exterior in one table, Hinged in other, Doorway in the third and all Others in the last table.  This way it will organize and help me checking my drawings and hopefully owner/ contractor while ordering.

Thank you again!

9 minutes ago, PolArch said:

Thank you for the prompt response!  Another way I just started working on is segregating Tables by Door types viz. Exterior in one table, Hinged in other, Doorway in the third and all Others in the last table.  This way it will organize and help me checking my drawings and hopefully owner/ contractor while ordering.

Thank you again!

Yes that type of organization can really help the contractor if you can separate things by ordering lot sequence or supplier as well.