nancyscial

recessed wall cabinet bottom for light rail

I am trying to show a recessed wall cabinet bottom for inserting a light strip. 

I need to be able to show the bottom of the cabinet recessed up by 1 1/2" with the sides still down. The doors should cover the recess also. 

Hi, Nancy.  It helps if we know you are using the same software as us.  Is it Chief Premiere X11?

You have posted before, so maybe it is time to put your details in your signature.  Use the profile.  See mine as an example.

1 hour ago, nancyscial said:

I am trying to show a recessed wall cabinet bottom for inserting a light strip. 

I need to be able to show the bottom of the cabinet recessed up by 1 1/2" with the sides still down. The doors should cover the recess also. 

Nowadays I use 3/4" which is easy in CA, more than that gets tricky and exactly what it looks like depends on framed or frameless (and if frameless check with the maker to make sure you get what you want) Plan attached.

image.thumb.png.a18b1361e54ca3a795aebbb1be9f52c6.pngrecess bottoms.plan

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nancyscial said:

cabinet recessed up by 1 1/2" with the sides still down.

Down and dirty method....

image.thumb.png.bd2f71cd97d2596eada17f198fed8f67.png

But you then need to place you own Doors as Chief won't drop to the bottom of the Valance molding but once the door is placed in plan from the libary and copied it isn't too bad.

Likewise for the Handle/knob.

image.thumb.png.2ba4d774e8a0bd00f43fde39028e0d9a.png

Actually If you remove the Bottom seperation the Door will come all the way down , you can then use one of the Shelves set at 1 1/2" from the bottom as the bottom of the cabinet and the molding will fill the gap , see the attached wall cabinet for settings.

image.thumb.png.6d1007bbea50e1c1c2bf4f4db9493c96.png

MHD 1.5 inch Recessed Bottom Wall Cabinet.calibz

M.

@genedavis- thank you, I will update

I use Premier x10

@mark, thank you, I will check it out. 

@kbird1, looks interesting I will give it a try. 

Thank you!!!! 

Mark:

I explored the plan you posted and am impressed by your clever method to get a raised cabinet bottom.  I also liked your clever solution to produce an ogee curve in an island or peninsula cabinet that you posted back in October.