Plan file size

TopagnaOverlook

After a few days of tweaking my design, my plan file has grown from 22MB to 155MB.  I've added some panels and some lighting over the last two days in the same two-room area.  I haven't added anything to the library, or added any furniture.  I have been experimenting with multiple rendering techniques including Ray Tracing. I don't know if the results of that experimentation ends up consuming space in the plan file.

I've attached an image of the two rooms, but the plan file is too big to upload.  

OfficeView.jpg

OfficeView_vector.jpg

48 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Make a copy of the plan file first using Save As.  In fact just the process of dong that sometimes reduces the file size so check that as well.

I have noticed this phenomena too,  last week a 97mb file got reduced to 6.9mb when I resaved it....

M.

This is just an FYI for those that care...

The unused symbol data that is stored in the plan is only cleared out when you open a plan.  This means that if you are playing around placing things like fixtures, furniture, or electrical objects, and then delete them, they will probably still be in your plan file when you save it.  Once you close the plan and then open it again, the unused data is removed but you won't see your plan file shrink until you save it again.

If you are using imported symbols with lots of surfaces, this can cause a bit of file bloat.  The file size doesn't really matter all that much until you want to send your plan to someone else or post it somewhere but it might also affect your undo performance.  If you are in a habit of placing and removing lots of symbols in your plans, you may want to close and reopen it every so often to see if you notice any differences.

• Upvote 3