Cad Detail library mostly blank

rgardner

Hi Guys.  Hope all are doing well on this Wednesday. 

I am just starting to work with a new builder who had an "in-house cad expert" who is no longer doing their work.

As I am trying to get setup and a system built with them they sent me their .calibz file with all of their pre-done cad details which need a little tweaking but by most standards are not too bad and useable.  However when I import the library the majority of the details are just blank squares.  One of the details imported fine, but it does not look like their others (I have a printed pdf version that they had marked up looking to make some tweaks to the details and am able to see what they should look like.)  Anyone know a trick that I don't for this. I tried turning on all layers and added it to a cad detail page but it just places like an empty box.  Explode it and nothing.

Is this just a corrupted library?

WhyamIblankdetail.calibz

24 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Looks like what they sent you was Blocked PDF references.  They need to send you the referenced PDF files too.

This is what I was kind of thinking it might be.  That would make sense as the one detail that is showing up looks like it was done from a Chief stock detail and customized.  Doesn’t look like the mid other details.

So then...  Once I have those pdf files they just need to be put in the same folder as the layout /plan file or how are they referenced?  

Kind of a bummer to make any major changes job per job...  looks like I may be redrafting 65 details.. Their current tech guy who knows the very basic said they were just taking screen grabs and using them as a pdf pic detail.