Switched Outlet Symbol

lavorhaynie

This...

pic.thumb.jpg.0bb98a09bd67c1bf596d99558e486f4c.jpg

I think you might just want to note which of the receptacles is supposed to be the hot one.  Not sure there's any proper way to note top vs. bottom with a symbol.  Although I suppose you could add this to your legend and make left filled = top hot and right filled = bottom hot.  Just a thought.

13 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

This...

pic.thumb.jpg.0bb98a09bd67c1bf596d99558e486f4c.jpg

I think you might just want to note which of the receptacles is supposed to be the hot one.  Not sure there's any proper way to note top vs. bottom with a symbol.  Although I suppose you could add this to your legend and make left filled = top hot and right filled = bottom hot.  Just a thought.

I created my own symbols where none exist in CA library then add it to my library. Works fine so far.

Because this type of outlet is usually under a kitchen sink, powering the garbage disposal, and because

the power cords you have to buy and attach to a garbage disposal often have one of those right angle

plugs with the cord coming out the bottom, it is best to have the switched half be on the bottom.

Otherwise the cord may occlude the bottom ( if the plug has to go in the top.)  You need the always on

half available for the DW

My 2 cents

1568314984_PigTailCord.PNG.6dcbf392fffd0237a5de76ec3e863f1d.PNG