PrimeArch

Electrical Problem

Hello guys. I made a custom symbols and model for my electrical because CA dont have it. 

1193464754_Annotation2019-12-08201924.thumb.png.891ae59b27c5332f1b2b50dc14185c04.png

I managed to make it but the problem is  they cannot stay side by side.. they will merge  like this

757805291_Annotation2019-12-08201944.thumb.png.b222be7a92484d250bc1c9c3b9ebd7d6.png

Btw the can stay side by side if each of em not the same height

442180962_Annotation2019-12-08202748.thumb.png.87b9914df8fb9400a94c90b40a8d8df0.png

How do i solve this? Please help

11 minutes ago, MPDesign said:

Hello,

Is object bumping and pushing turned on?

Never see that option 'bumping and pushing' before.. where is that option located?

Hello,

Edit, snap settings, bumping and pushing. (keyboard shortcut F11)

• Like 1

Thanks Buddy.. I finally managed to solve it. It can stay in a perfect line without merging each other. 

777233856_Annotation2019-12-08211814.thumb.png.ab74769d420d51e84d89e88737226764.png

My solution is select object > Open Symbol

1528234176_Annotation2019-12-08235900.thumb.png.22482e7e381dd22d6086ab5914c12b12.png

Uncheck all this in Option > Option ( previously I checked Switch + 220 Volt + Switched )

I just unchecked all those. 

2049547258_Annotation2019-12-08235928.thumb.png.ba3e8c1bb622320db75589efcb8c4b56.png

I dunno if this is the correct way to solve it, But it work for me.

• Upvote 1

It maybe the Switch Option, as I think Switches are hardcoded to merge (gang) together if touching ...Outlets may do the same thing? , but should be easy to test.

M.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

It maybe the Switch Option, as I think Switches are hardcoded to merge (gang) together if touching ...Outlets may do the same thing? , but should be easy to test.

M.

Yeah.. I spend 1 day to figure out the best way to make it not to merge each other. And I admit it is good to automatically merge to make it '2 gang or 3 gang' type. But the problem is it will merge switch and socket together when they both stay next to each other and at the same height. Btw thank you.. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DesignerPro2020
    Newest Member
    DesignerPro2020

• By grizzdj
      Hello Friends- I am working on a distillery plan and was wondering if there was a catalog or CA source for distillery symbols like stills, fermenters, mashtuns, chillers, etc. 
      Thank You In Advance

Dan Johnson
    • By BuildingVision
      I have created a column out of Polyline solids and moldings.  Is there any way to get an outlet to place into this surface?  If there is not a way, what are your suggestions on what I do?  It is a dummy column framed out that surrounds a steel post, there is plenty of room for an outlet to be placed within the open interior space.  How do I place the outlet without there being a wall or a cabinet in this location?  Please see the attached image.  The red arrow points to where I would like to place an outlet.

Thank you for your help!
      Nicole

• By Renerabbitt
      POST 0

You've found it! A thread offering up some of my favorite symbols and content for Chief Architect X-11.
      These items are for X-11 only. If you haven't updated yet I encourage you to do so, it's a great release.
      The following content is listed by category with both a link to the post within this thread for easy navigation and a link to a direct download if you won't to cut straight to the chase. new/recent uploads are in RED font
      CLICK ON THE "DL" FOR INSTANT .CALIBZ DOWNLOAD:

CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLIES/ARCHITECTURAL ITEMS:
      RABS 42 CABLE RAILING - DL    RABS MODERN FRONT DOOR AND DOOR ASSEMBLY - DL    
      ENTOURAGE:
      RABS CHARLES-HILL GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL RABS CHELTON GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL    ACCESSORY HOME #1 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #2 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #3 - DL  
      KITCHEN RELATED:
      3-ISLANDS - DL LA CORNUE 1908 RANGE - DL  
      LIGHTING:
      PENDANTS AND SCONCES - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4  
      MATERIALS:
      TILE AND COUNTERTOPS #1 - DL 1(ONEDRIVE LINK) - DL-2 CUSTOM WHITES WITH PAINT TOOLBAR ICONS - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 - DL-5 - DL-6 RABS RUGS 1V1 - DL          RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIALS PACK - DL         RABS FLOORING PACK 1 - DL            RABS OLD GOLDEN OAK FLOOR - DL     
      SYMBOLS:
      FIREPLACE ASSEMBLY 1 - DL     ACKLES BED AND EDISON TABLE LAMP - DL-1 - DL - 2 TEAPOT MATERIAL EDITOR REPLACEMENT - DL-1 - DL-2 FINMARK TABLE FROM CB2 - DL FIREPLACE MANTLES 1 AND 2 - DL    RABS STRETCHABLE PICTURE FRAMES - DL     

VIDEOS: 
      CLOUD SYNC MULTIPLE USER LIBRARIES FOR MULTIPLE DEVICES/END USERS       DIRECT LINK TO VIDEO X64 SHELL EXTENSION  X32 SHELL EXTENSION PAYPAL THE GUY THAT WROTE THE EXTENSION  ADVANCED LIBRARY SEARCHES DIRECT LINK TO VIDEO       INTRO TO ADVANCED PBR METHODS DIRECT LINK TO VIDEO CREATING ADVANCED MATERIALS IN PHOTOSHOP   DIRECT LINK TO VIDEO AUTUMN LEAVES MATERIAL FILE CREATE A HOTKEY TOUCHPAD USING YOUR ANDROID OR IPAD TABLET     DIRECT LINK TO VIDEO LINK TO SOFTWARE WEBSITE TOUCHOSC METHOD FOR CREATING CON-DOCS IN .PLAN      USING AN IPAD TO REMOTELY CONTROL CA. METHOD OVERVIEW   ADVANCED TOOLBAR CONFIGURATIONS   NEW!!! 08/28/2019  
      Many of these I have personally made or modified. Some of the content may have been created by others for which I will give credit. Many of the materials have free licensing, so no credit is needed. 
      Some of this content may slow down your program as I have a high powered machine and often times use complex and high resolution textures. I will try and give as much detail as possible. Use at your own peril!

No but seriously dig through and enjoy, I've spent a good number of hours ensuring the quality of these symbols and will update them periodically- so CHECK BACK IN! and PLEASE GIVE A LIKE FOR THE POST OF ANY SYMBOL YOU LIKE, IT ENCOURAGES ME TO GO BACK AND REFINE/REDUCE/OPTIMIZE THAT SYMBOL. GIVE A DOWNVOTE AND IT'LL PROBABLY ENCOURAGE ME TO DO THE SAME THING...YOU'LL JUST BE A JERK FOR IT

CHANGELOG:(PACIFIC TZ)
      Page 1:
        Post 0:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: Removed the poll, migrated this thread. re-uploaded from X11 public beta 02-20-2019-2:59PM: Added a Poll for user content requests   Post 5:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: centered the hearth on the symbol   Post 18:
      02-12-2019-9:52PM: Posted and fixed DL links  

Here is a symbol to get you started:
      @Cheryl_C_Crane Think you requested this,

RUSTIC BRICK 2.calibz
      Number of Textures: 2
      Map size: 1024x1024
      Filesize: 3.13 MB

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hi, How do I show a 3 way connection switch for a light at the top and bottom of the stair. Currently the 3 way switch can be shown only on 1 level. unless there is an another option.
      Thanks for the help
    • By lavorhaynie
      I've been an active user of Chief Architect for about 15 years now. I am currently using the X11 and have an SSA.  In all of these years using the software I have been frustrated with a couple things in the electrical area. First was the terrible placement of electrical connectors, they were never placed in a way that was visually appealing. I was always wasting time adjusting the lines after placement just to make them look nice on the plan.  Thank you Chief, in X11 the lines now, most of the time, place in a visually acceptable manner. A great time saver when doing the electrical! 

The second, frustrating issue is the lack of programming to address the floor-to-floor light switching. I have over the years visited ChiefTalk hoping someone had a good solution to address this issue. I have never liked any of the proposed solutions, namely placing the correct 3-way or 4-way switch on each floor then placing cad arcs or splines to represent the electrical connector. I felt it to be a time waster and it just did not feel right using a cad line instead of an electrical connector. 

So, in response to my frustration with floor-to-floor switching I came up with an idea and ran with it. I created two floor-to-floor connector symbols. The symbols are identical except that one is designated as being switched and the other is not switched.  Both are, in plan view, a 2" circle, defined as an electrical item, In 3D they are a 2" clear glass sphere and attach to the ceiling, being virtually invisible in a 3D rendering. When I am doing a floor-to-floor switch connection I place the switched symbol in the stair well then connect the switch to the symbol. The switch then automatically changes to a 3-way. I have a set of text labels that I then place over the switched symbol to indicate the usage of the switch, i.e. "To light above", etc. I have attached an X11 library containing the two floor-to-floor symbols, (switched and not switched), and the text labels I use.

I hope these will save you a bit of time. Enjoy!
      LaVor
      ELEC CONNECTORS.calibz