Designer1

Background in library browser

Recommended Posts

Is it possible to change the background color in the library browser?  Im finding it hard to fully view selected library items, especially light fixtures with the white background.  I clicked around but couldn't find a place where I could adjust this.

 

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In X11 I think you can use one of the THEMES under Appearance>Colors in Preferences to do it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Is it possible to change the background color in the library browser?  Im finding it hard to fully view selected library items, especially light fixtures with the white background.  I clicked around but couldn't find a place where I could adjust this.

 

Thanks!

 

I believe this follows the default settings of the Floor Camera. Change the backdrop color there and the library will change as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robdyck said:

I believe this follows the default settings of the Floor Camera. Change the backdrop color there and the library will change as well.

 

Can you double check this Rob , cos it doesn't work for me......  I am not using a Theme though , are you?

 

( either way that would be a weird default setting.... at least to me :) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can tell, it works for the Preview Panel only - which is a camera view.

I don't think Themes make any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, glennw said:

As far as I can tell, it works for the Preview Panel only - which is a camera view.

I don't think Themes make any difference.

 

funnily enough for me the only one not to change is the preview window if I apply a Theme..... it does change if the Item selected is an symbol not a material to the floor camera back ground though..... and no that is not my normal theme... :)

 

M.

 

image.thumb.png.2829071619674299b448fb1e4390c16e.pngimage.thumb.png.7ffa274edb1c07f62432ea2a50360014.png  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

 

funnily enough for me the only one not to change is the preview window if I apply a Theme..... it does change if the Item selected is an symbol not a material to the floor camera back ground though..... and no that is not my normal theme... :)

 

M.

 

image.thumb.png.2829071619674299b448fb1e4390c16e.pngimage.thumb.png.7ffa274edb1c07f62432ea2a50360014.png  

That purple preview panel is what I was referring to; it follows the Floor Camera defaults for the color in the Backdrop tab. I believed that's what the OP was referring to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, robdyck said:

That purple preview panel is what I was referring to; it follows the Floor Camera defaults for the color in the Backdrop tab. I believed that's what the OP was referring to.

 

Oh,  well that went over my head  :), I thought they meant the Whole Library Browser....... and yes the purple was my change to test it . 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rob you were right....if you go to....  Default settings > Camera tools > Floor Camera > Backdrop > make sure no backdrop is selected and then in the background color you can select whatever you want. 

 

The problem is unless you select this for the default for each plan it defaults back to the white background in each plan.  So I will have to change this for my template plan so I wont have to go do this everytime!

 

At least we know where to go to change it now...that was a bit frustrating.  It wasn't essential but for me it got to be about the principle of me having to find out how to change the color! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28106
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    SHCCbuilder
    Newest Member
    SHCCbuilder
    Joined