I am hoping someone can tell me how to handle this.  I have done all the framing, and using the project browser, sent all the Wall Details to a Layout page.  When I first did this, everything showed up perfect...The wall detail names on the walls in plan view, corresponding to the labels in the Layout.  

Well, I made a couple of window changes, rebuilt floors and ceilings and now what I have is this: The wall detail numbers show up correctly in the plan view, but the layout shows: "Wall Layer 4 Viewed from outside".  I must be able to change the Views on the Layout to correspond with the plan view!

HELP!!!!

TIA 

Bill

Funky Labels.pdf

Plan View.pdf

I think you got caught when things were re-framed. 

In your Plan file turn off "Walls, Labels" in the Wall Detail Layerset.

Then in Layout open each Wall  Detail Layout Box and under the Label tab select "Specify Label" and it should show up in the text box of the DBX and in your layout view.

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

I think you got caught when things were re-framed. 

In your Plan file turn off "Walls, Labels" in the Wall Detail Layerset.

Then in Layout open each Wall  Detail Layout Box and under the Label tab select "Specify Label" and it should show up in the text box of the DBX and in your layout view.

Once I have that detail open, how do I get to where I "Specify Label"? So for being so dense, but I just don't see it.

thanks for the help, I ended up having to open each file from the project browser and rename them to the correct and corresponding wall detail...All done now, saved to a new file, and a complete back up created.!

Thanks Again!

Those Wall Details are automatically named to correspond with the plan view labels.  Your problem seems to be that you simply turned off the Layout Box Labels layer in layout.  The other label you're seeing is the Walls, Labels layer in your actual wall detail. 

20 hours ago, WAShideler said:

Wall Layer 4 Viewed from outside

The default label "Wall Layer 4 - Viewed From Outside" will return the next time you "re-frame", no matter what you do. Another "unsolvable". 

OMG Well, Chief needs to FIX IT! That is just unacceptable!  Thanks for the "heads up"!  Much appreciated.

Bill 

On 9/14/2019 at 6:14 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

Those Wall Details are automatically named to correspond with the plan view labels.  Your problem seems to be that you simply turned off the Layout Box Labels layer in layout.  The other label you're seeing is the Walls, Labels layer in your actual wall detail. 

Right you are! Now, is there a way to adjust the size of the  GINORMOUS TEXT when Layout Box Labels is checked?

As clunky as it was, Solid Builder was great for creating individual walls by labelled type.  Instead of Wall Detail - 32 I would number walls in reverse site raising order - X01, X02 for exterior and N01 or N02 for interior.  It would generate a separate 8 1/2" x 11" sheet per wall so it could be fabricated in the shop and loaded in the order we wanted to erect them.

Not sure if that's what you're doing.  Just chiming in.

9 hours ago, WAShideler said:

Right you are! Now, is there a way to adjust the size of the  GINORMOUS TEXT when Layout Box Labels is checked?

Sorry I missed that step earlier of making sure the 'Layout Box Labels" layer is turned on in Layout. You can select the layout box and that layer will display in ALDO ( Active Layer Display Options ) and select it so it is highlighted and choose a different Text Style: or create a new one.

As long as you have Layer Properties turned on in ALDO.