JonathanK

X11 Custom Countertop w/ Backsplash

I'm sure there's a setting I'm missing somewhere...but how on earth do you remove the sidesplash on a custom countertop?!

I clicked on the edges of the countertop polyline, and selected no molding on selected edges...but alas...it's still there.

Is this a "change the cabinet to have no backsplash and then use the custom backsplash tool to create one only where you want it" sort of issue?

See attached for a picture...

Countertop.jpg

Never seen that. 

Could you post a plan?

14 minutes ago, JonathanK said:

I'm sure there's a setting I'm missing somewhere...but how on earth do you remove the sidesplash on a custom countertop?!

I clicked on the edges of the countertop polyline, and selected no molding on selected edges...but alas...it's still there.

Is this a "change the cabinet to have no backsplash and then use the custom backsplash tool to create one only where you want it" sort of issue?

See attached for a picture...

Countertop.jpg

The Backsplash is controlled in the Base Cabinet Specification dbx, in the first, or General catagory.  Height, thickness, and weather or not to have a side one.

They are probably part of the CT that comes with the cab, not your custom.

I apologize...it's been a minute since I've been on here and can't believe that my signature wasn't up-to-snuff.

See attached for a plan...

I understand that this is driven by the cabinet...but the cabinet has the "sides" option unchecked which should mean that there are no sidesplashes.  But they always show with custom countertops...always have.

Countertop Plan.plan

Looks like a bug (or a poorly implemented "feature") to me. As soon as you have a backsplash, you automatically get the sidesplashes, even with the cabinet below set to no sidesplash.

Make a symbol from the cabinet, delete cab and place symbol in place.

Material Regions replace backsplash.

It is a workaround, but gets you on your way

690914097_CabtoSymbstopsCTmonkeybusiness.thumb.PNG.91700daa74866dd74aebe61ec9b4ddf2.PNG

Cabinet without a countertop. Draw Custom Countertop and Custom Backsplash.

ct1.thumb.png.96337b53302d697dceb85d748207f53b.png

• Like 1

Many of us that specialize in kitchen & bath work don't use the auto CT feature. Here are my settings for what you are doing. I hope that this helps you in the future.

Best, ~Cheryl 

40.5 H Cab ready for custom ct.PNG

Thank you all for replying.

It's funny, though, that it's been this way forever.  Rather than not use it, why not bring it up again and again until it gets fixed?

I know that CA did a lot of revamping of their cabinets and stuff...this could have easily been, or could still easily, be fixed.

I think I'm going to put it in the suggestion forum.