habdou

Cabinet Hinges

Guessing (it helps when you post a plan or part of one) that you made the hinges as part of the door symbol, correct? 

Two options. 1- make the hinge in two parts- cup on the door and the rest inside the cabinet as the hinge. Might take a little fiddling to get the depth to line up, height should be easy. (until you run into a three hinge cabinet that you want to have two. 

Other option is using layersets one for door closed another for door open; different doors on different layersets. Have done that with complicated cabinets. That's easiest if you set the open door symbol so that it's open WITHOUT having the DBX open it. You want to only change sets.  

Thank you Mark,

The hinge is a symbol, 

They are attached using Door/Drawer Door Hinges Style from the library.

That's what I thought, choices are as noted, make two piece hinge symbol or two door symbols. 

2 minutes ago, habdou said:

How would you do option #1 with attached file?

Separate the hinge with the Delete Surfaces tool or export to Sketchup and use their tools.

Chopsaw,

if you look at the file you will see that the hinge is two parts already.

I just need them to work correctly on the cabinet when the door is open or close.

4 hours ago, habdou said:

Chopsaw,

if you look at the file you will see that the hinge is two parts already.

I just need them to work correctly on the cabinet when the door is open or close.

I think he meant for you to seperate the "cup" from the hinge Arm and place the "Arm" and baseplate on the cabinet and  the Cup on/in the Door , this is also what Mark suggested above. whether it will look right I don't know, but is likely the only option as the hinge symbol can't bend like in the real world.

M.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Max-II
    Newest Member
    Max-II

• By MPhillips
      Gentlemen,

I have placed a dishwasher in a cabinet, and it fits fine, but when I do an interior iso, tt move to the back of the cabinet.  I pull back into place, but it moves on its own back to the translated position.  I have included two screen snips showing the problem.

Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong.

Merlin

• By BWoods
      I'm currently using Chief Architect Premier X11 and have been tasked with drawing this kitchen for a customer, as pictured. I know how to do bow fronts, radius ends, etc, but can't find any way (or tutorial) on how to do what I'm looking for. The customer wants a sink base with an almost tilde shape (~) and a bowed corner cabinet, both with curved backs. Is this possible?

Edit: Also, for the corner cabinet to the left of the sink base, they want the lower portion straight up, to have the top half go into a radius to make the sink base work properly for this layout. 

Thanks in advance. 

• By tremhomes
      I am having an issue with a corner double oven in a cabinet.  I am using x11 version and it looks correct in the 3D view but in the 2D view the oven locates on the right side of the cabinet.  I have tried rotating the oven in the symbol specification which faces it to the front of the cabinet but is does not center on the cabinet.     Any solutions for this?
    • By habdou
      Can the cabinet have holes for the shelves, without having to adding polyline solids?
      Can we add stretchers for the front/back of the top of the cabinet without having to adding polyline solids?
      Something like this:

• By EricsDesigns
      Hello all,

It has been some time since I last asked a question as I don't get to use this software very often in my business we mostly remodel condos.

I have a bunch of cabinets all designed in Chief and was wondering if there was a way to generate a cut list of parts that go into building those cabinets with Chief??
      It would be such a time saver if this was possible. They are frame-less cabinets and a few are custom sizes.
      Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric Ernisse
      Coastal View Construction LLC
      wwwCVCmaui.com
      CA X10