Curious, Why Aren't Interior Walls Created On A Separate Layer?

Nicinus

I also put the interior walls on their own layer for referencing them and you don't really want them on the site and roof plans. There is no way that I know of to default them to ant other layer than walls so you have to do them manually for now, maybe X-7.

Perry & Nicinus,

It can be done.

If you place a wall, change it's layer to, say, "My Interior Walls" and then save it to the library, it will retain it's layer assignment.

So that all you need do is select the wall from the library.

Or, better still, place it on a toolbar icon so that you can select it with one click and then start drawing the wall on your custom layer.

• Upvote 1

I also put the interior walls on their own layer for referencing them and you don't really want them on the site and roof plans. There is no way that I know of to default them to ant other layer than walls so you have to do them manually for now, maybe X-7.

Interesting, never found a need to put interior walls on their own layer.

Perry & Nicinus,

It can be done.

If you place a wall, change it's layer to, say, "My Interior Walls" and then save it to the library, it will retain it's layer assignment.

So that all you need do is select the wall from the library.

Or, better still, place it on a toolbar icon so that you can select it with one click and then start drawing the wall on your custom layer.

I totally forgot about saving walls to the lib. It works, except for maybe, if you have a lot of different interior walls, you would have to save each one. Definitely do-able .