How Good Are You With Chief Architect?

Joe_Carrick

To be chivalrous, I will give Kay the nod.  I loved the creativity she showed in using the tool for so many different items.  Light fixtures, pedestal sink, toilet, tub spout ....  Great thread Joe - thanks. 

Makes one realize how much can be done with Chief and your thread's rules created restrictions on using many other tools within Chief that can be adopted for many uses.  It would be interesting for someone to compile a list of all the things that can be done with each Chief tool.  I bet it would be an interesting list to look at.

The Cabinet needs to be very small with a half-round Edge Molding on the Countertop.  In this case I used a 6" Tall Edge Molding and a 3" corner radius on the top itself.

That's exactly what I was thinking Joe...at least one of the ways. I'm not by my computer again but the other way I imagine it would work was using appropriately sized bow front or radius and cabinets with appropriately sized half round or quarter round mouldings.

Curt,

I can't give Kay credit for the Tub Spout, Faucets, TP Holder or the Light Fixtures since they are assembled (just blocks put together) rather than being distinct units.  I also discount the Door and Window since they are just surface mounted representations.  I also have a bit of a problem with some of her items on the Lav Cabinet because I have no idea what they are - other than random toiletry objects.

The Fiberglass Shower Stall, Pedestal Sink, Toilet and Trash can were Objects I hadn't thought of myself and I think they could have been a bit more realistic but the idea was great.

Joe:

The only one I am not sure about is the toilet paper holder.  Everything else I saw in Kay's image looked like it was made from a base cabinet to me.  I doubt that Kay put a ton of time into any of those she created and your rules didn't require that they had to be realistic.  I will admit that your presentations looked a little better than Kay's but ....!

Curt,

OK, I get Kay's Light Fixtures but I'm not sure I'd want to put those in a Luxury Bath. ;)

OTOH, I don't see how any of the Faucets could be done with just a single Cabinet.  Maybe Kay could explain that

IAE, the purpose of this challenge was to point out the diversity of a single Chief Tool and I think the point has been made.  IMO the Base Cabinet Tool is extremely versatile.

BTW, John Jones still hasn't put forth any solutions.  He indicated he was up to 1000 and was getting bored.

Luxury bath .... not in the rules Joe!  And it looks to me like you cheated on yours by pulling lighting and faucets from the library.  The faucets Kay made just look like a narrow cabinet, no backspash or toe kick and a decent overhang.  Maybe I am wrong but seems that it can be done that way. 

We definitely need to put John Jones on the hook and have him post all those things he came up with (at least the list).

Luxury bath .... not in the rules Joe!  And it looks to me like you cheated on yours by pulling lighting and faucets from the library.  The faucets Kay made just look like a narrow cabinet, no backspash or toe kick and a decent overhang.  Maybe I am wrong but seems that it can be done that way. 

We definitely need to put John Jones on the hook and have him post all those things he came up with (at least the list).

I agree that "Luxury" Bath wasn't in the rules.  I just thought that everyone here would only do "Luxury". :)

Faucets that way are a stretch but maybe.  Still IMO to boxy.

As far as me cheating - no, I specifically excluded all the Doors, Windows, Plumbing Fixtures, Faucets, Towels and Light Fixtures in my design.  I still had 17 distinct items and didn't include any toiletries.

My use of "cheating" was jokingly.  I did like what you presented and considering how you used base cabinets for most of your objects, I think it looked purdy darn good. 

By the way, how did you do the towel rods?  I am thinking maybe you used a circular molding around the edge of a countertop and then made all the other materials no material ... but maybe you used a different method.

By the way, how did you do the towel rods?  I am thinking maybe you used a circular molding around the edge of a countertop and then made all the other materials no material ... but maybe you used a different method.

You're exactly right - but don't forget to set the counter top corner radius.

My use of "cheating" was jokingly.  I did like what you presented and considering how you used base cabinets for most of your objects, I think it looked purdy darn good. 

It's very close to what our Master Bath will look like when the reconstruction is finished.  The main differences will be in tile selections and wainscot materials.

Very nice Mr Trout!

Furniture is of course a natural using the Cabinet Tool.  As cool as it is, if there's another Tool that will do the job even better then I'll use the better tool - but I still try to take a careful look.  Sometimes the ability to get the right 3D model is just too good.  Then if needed that can be converted to a symbol of exactly the right classification.