Exposed rafters

joeyp42690

48 minutes ago, joeyp42690 said:

Will do this once I get a chance. I had specified that the room shouldn’t have a ceiling but it did that instead. I don’t know why.

You specified it should not have a "flat" Ceiling is my guess so you get the Sloped ceiling instead ...with the default material used.

You also need to do you Forum Signature , like most others and let people know you are using X6 not X11 as the answers for your questions could be dramatically different these Days...

*** To do your Signature .... go up to the top Right Hand Corner above and click on your UserName> Account Settings> Signature.... and enable Signature (will Turn Green) then add your Hardware Details and Chief Software Version, as different Version require different Answers.

Mick

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Scott_in_Seattle
    Newest Member
    Scott_in_Seattle

• By MichelleMartel
      I am modifying a plan & I needed to remove this section of a porch that extended along the entire front and had a continuous concrete slab.   When I shorten the wall on the left to the width I need it, it automatically deletes the slab floor in this section & the siding/walls are leaving a gap. I tried deleting the walls all together and replacing them with a new wall and nothing changed. I tried lowering the porch flooring an inch lower than the garage (which is -24) and this still happens.  The original slab is a 0.
      Any idea how to fix this issue please and thank you. 

• By j2narchitecture
      I am using the railing to auto generate columns and beam for an exterior porch.
      For some reason, the railing is generating 4 -1/2 columns, where only 3 are needed. 
      The spacing is set to 8' o.c. for the columns. 
      How can I correct this so that only 3 columns are being generated?
      Any feedback is appreciated.
      See attached plan file and circled area on the pics.
      TIA

PLAN FILE

• By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      I have been learning a lot about building porches, both manually and using Railings.
      I used a Room Divider to make the concrete pad. Then a molding profile to add 4" around it. 
      I made a 1x1 sq profile and made my beam, and added in my columns.
      I built several porches trying different roofs, but end up with no gable end wall. 
      I tried added an exterior wall and making it an attic wall, which added some frieze boards, but the wall just covered my porch from concrete up.
      Not finding much on videos for porches.
      Thank you

• By blueriver
      I have a persistent problem with gaps in my porch ceilings in between the finished surface and the underside of the roof structure.  I know it has to be a setting i have wrong but i cannot figure it out! Current project is a barndominium with a gable porch. 
      Thanks in advance

• By ChiefArchitect
      An enclosed porch can be a welcome reprieve from the blazing sun in the summer months, and provide a protected cove during cooler times.