Which Program should I buy?

IDAZ19

32 minutes ago, IDAZ19 said:

I am an ID doing a lot of remodels, designing, interiors. There are a few features in Architect that are not in Designer.  Any thoughts?

I think you maybe referring to the Home Designer Series of Products , which has Suite, Architectural and Pro ,so it would be best to Ask over on Hometalk which is here :

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

If you use it in your Business ( seems like) get HD Pro at a minimum  or better yet Chief Interiors or Chief Premier all 3 can be Rented to Own now too.

M.  

15 minutes ago, IDAZ19 said:

Thanks.  I am deciding between Interiors and Premium. Rent to own makes it easier.

Go Premier if you can , just know that RTB is not the cheapest Option currently ( 20x $199) vs $2795 ( $200 off currently) if you can finance it some other way , eg a family member or small personal/biz Loan at the bank and pay them $200 month instead. There is also the $500 yearly SSA to stay current after the 1st year if buying outright to consider, it is included while renting. SSA includes the upgrade to the next version btw.

Mick.

Go for Premier. I have quite a few designer clients who have gone with lesser versions and come to me, to add things or do the things they cannot when they reach limits of the program. Go for the full toolbox not the one that will be missing some tools. 

• Like 1

Like Jerry I have had the same thing here recently ...it's why I said go Premier :) 

Oh ...BTW if you already have another CAD Program ??? ask if you qualify for the $700 Incentive to switch to Chief Premier...

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/offers/

You can get the Trial versions too and try them out , you just can't save any work in them....( leave computer on and don't close Chief)

• Like 1

Thanks for the great responses. I wasn't even looking at the Home Designer products.  Are they more for the DIY v professional.  Right now I do everything in CAD and have a rendering person.  I want the ability to do it myself.

I can see the benefit of getting a loan or just paying outright but that$550+ a year adds up. 

One way or the other you have to pay!

Are you truly going to switch or just want 3D capabilities?  maybe HD Pro would suffice for just 3D? ( it's ConDocs are limited) it's cost is rebated against Interiors or Premier if you upgrade later , so that is another route... though if you have AutoCad you may get the discount currently available... it is new , so I'm not sure if it will always be available or is just a current promo?.

That's a good question.  I love auto cad so I don't think Ill switch completely.

Its the rendering that drives me.  Also some of the building components.

I might take your advice and start with HD Pro. I don't have a lot of time for learning curves.  Will what I learn with HD Pro translate?

It is a very capable Program on many Levels , I think with 2020 it now Includes All View Types eg PBR (Physical Based Rendering) which is the closest to reality currently.

It is 1/6th the Cost  so there is obviously stuff missing including Full Annotation and layer sets , but I'd suggest getting the Trial and having a play 1st, and see if it is currently enough for you, just don't be surprised when you "want it all" and feel the "need" to upgrade to Premier :), even if you buy it the $500 is deducted from Chief Premier if you upgrade later. Though if you have AutoCad it looks like you can get $700 off if getting Premier currently. ( I don't think they combine Offers)

31 minutes ago, IDAZ19 said:

I do outsource to folks using vray and other programs.

Twinmotion is now Free , but you'll need to be able to export the 3D model , Premier can do .dae or .3ds etc,  I am not sure what options HD Pro has if any for that.... ( Eric will know if HD Pro can do that probably).......of course there is a learning curve involved if you don't have time to learn it or other new software....

Some of the Items on Eric's list are also not available in Interiors.....