Objects library

Arielle_02

All visual-virtual objects in Chief Architect are parsed on screen (shown or seen visually) by placing a series of triangles to represent/emulate actual objects (doors, windows, furniture, fixtures). The more detailed a symbol the more of these "triangles" are used to represent the actual object digitally. The number of 3D faces is also expressed as a "Count" (total number of 3D Faces or triangles that a symbol contains as a whole).

DJP

Arielle,

I am only guessing, but I believe most 3D Plants in the Chief Libraries are not compatible with Interiors.   In any event, when you download a Library there is a drop-down list that specifies what version of Chief Architect it's compatible with.

If you have SSA - I assume you don't since you are still on X9 - you could call Tech Support and ask them what Libraries are compatible with the Interiors product.

You will need to download an older version of the sketchup file from the website so it is compatible with your older version of chief.

Likely the 2016 or 2017 version will work fine. 

Sketchup will list the face count as "Ploygons" and once successfully imported chief will show it in the symbol DBX under 3D- Faces.  The larger the number is the more detailed the symbol will be but will place a higher demand on your computer and eventually slow it down.

Hi Joe,

I do have SSA.  I have a video card problem I think that's why I'm still using the X9.  The X10 just didn't work properly.  I know the Interiors is limited to certain features, that is probably why I can't design everything on it even though I used alternative options, like using a soffit to draw a 2x4 lumber

12 minutes ago, Arielle_02 said:

Hi Joe,

I do have SSA.  I have a video card problem I think that's why I'm still using the X9.  The X10 just didn't work properly.  I know the Interiors is limited to certain features, that is probably why I can't design everything on it even though I used alternative options, like using a soffit to draw a 2x4 lumber

Try updating your video card drivers.  That should allow you to update to X10 and X11 and have them work.  It's worth a try.

That might address the problems with the Library downloads as well.

10 hours ago, Arielle_02 said:

Hi Joe,

Do your forum signature and Fill in your system hardware , then make a post about the video Issue and I am sure Others will help if they can....

*** to fill in your Signature .... go up to the top RH Corner above ^^^^ and click on your UserName > Account Settings> Signature.... and enable Signature (will Turn Green) then add your Hardware Details and Chief Software Version, as different Versions require different Answers.

M.