builtright3

Notifications

Recommended Posts

Anyone know how to get rid of this notifications bar? It appears every time I click on something in the forum. I should not be forced to have the notifications turned on in Chief Architect should I?

 

 

Capture.thumb.PNG.8578f2953db4b94d9595f33c6c6d5353.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a browser setting.

I personally find notifications annoying so I turn them off on most sites. 

Which browser are you using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, builtright3 said:

Anyone know how to get rid of this notifications bar? It appears every time I click on something in the forum. I should not be forced to have the notifications turned on in Chief Architect should I?

 

 

Capture.thumb.PNG.8578f2953db4b94d9595f33c6c6d5353.PNG

 

Usually a website will ask and you can choose NEVER ( or Block) if  desired, but you may get this if you clicked "Not Now" previously , until you set Never then it should stop bothering you.

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started using Microsoft Edge.

I like the flexibility of it but its another thing I have to learn. So far its been pretty easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if this is in the chrome, paste:

chrome://settings/content/notifications

 

Edge (looks like it in the picture )

Hit the Start menu and select the Settings icon. Select System, then “Notifications & actions” where you can edit which apps will show up in your action center. Just scroll down to Microsoft Edge and toggle it off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrownTiger said:

if this is in the chrome, paste:

chrome://settings/content/notifications

 

Edge (looks like it in the picture )

Hit the Start menu and select the Settings icon. Select System, then “Notifications & actions” where you can edit which apps will show up in your action center. Just scroll down to Microsoft Edge and toggle it off.

 

 

I am just trying the new Edge too and it it much like Chrome or FF.  I added an AD Blocker though.... (ABP)

 

Thanks for the Page link BT .... in Edge it is there but no link in Edge Options>System , but put......

 

edge://settings/content/notifications

 

in the address bar and it is there, and you can add Websites that way too , to the ADD or Block lists.

 

 image.thumb.png.8edbca5d561d8dc2f2d7db090202a102.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BrownTiger said:

It is so odd my "Notifications & actions" are now broken and lock up. Havent used them in the while.

I do not think microsoft tested this W10 Creators upgrade....

 

Just to let you know the Edge may be dead...

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/microsoft-edge-chrome-chromium-browser,news-28759.html

 

 

I was just on the phone with Microsoft support yesterday and they were encouraging me to use it and that Is why I thought, why not! Nothing to loose!

Its appears to run faster than Chrome and definitely Explorer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrownTiger said:

It is so odd my "Notifications & actions" are now broken and lock up. Havent used them in the while.

I do not think microsoft tested this W10 Creators upgrade....

 

Just to let you know the Edge may be dead...

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/microsoft-edge-chrome-chromium-browser,news-28759.html

 

 

I beleive Joe is referring to the new Chromium Based Edge, I know I am.....currently available as a Developer (weekly build) or Canary Version (Daily build) even if you are on th eWindows Insider Track.

 

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

 

https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/130424-microsoft-edge-insider-preview-builds-now-ready-you-try.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

 

I beleive Joe is referring to the new Chromium Based Edge, I know I am.....currently available as a Developer (weekly build) or Canary Version (Daily build) even if you are on th eWindows Insider Track.

 

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

 

https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/130424-microsoft-edge-insider-preview-builds-now-ready-you-try.html

This is what version I have

 

Capture.thumb.PNG.a580c8c073c5841131156615ce28c86e.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

This is what version I have

 

Capture.thumb.PNG.a580c8c073c5841131156615ce28c86e.PNG

 

 

I think that is the Original one Joe , the Chromium one is version 74.xxxx , if it doesn't remind you of Chrome then it's the old version that came with Win10 Originally.

 

image.thumb.png.750d3204d368353a43c2df6aea067abb.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27469
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    THDesign
    Newest Member
    THDesign
    Joined