How to speed up vector view

Michael_Gia

My aging laptop might be showing its age but vector view has become incredibly sluggish to the point that I now only use standard view. 

Is there anyway to improve the speed of vector views? (Besides the obvious of upgrading laptops).

I’ve had this issue since X10. 

If I remeber correctly, traditionally standard view was the slower of the two.  

Might be dreaming on that one. 

Vector views put a lot of demand on the CPU compared to standard views.  You might want to start with shutting down unused background programs and removing any bloatware that is bogging down your CPU.  I'd also suggest opening up the machine and clearing dust/debris from the cooling fans and heatsinks.  It would also be a good idea to remove the heatsinks from the CPU and GPU while you are in there, clean off all the old thermal paste, and re apply a good thermal paste.  Overheating of the CPU can cause thermal throttling, which is the software slowing down the CPU to prevent catastrophic damage.  Old thermal paste can reduce the effictiveness of the cooling, and slow your system down.

Aside from that, make sure your camera view has only layers visible that are necessary for the view.  Less to draw = less computing needed.

I uninstalled the latest Windows 10 update yesterday as a test and both X10 and X11 are back to normal for me..... as yet I have no real idea on why , they pulled the previous update for Win10 and replaced it with KBxxxxxx899 and things got worse for me so I removed it on a hunch....and have delayed its reinstall for now...