Glass Shower Doors With No Frame?

SusanC

Hi,

In the past I've created glass shower doors (in a glass wall) with no trim, but this is the first time I've done it in X6.  There used to be an option in the dbx to shrink the frame around the glass door down to nothing, but I can't seem to locate that option in X6.  Am I missing something or remembering incorrectly?

Thanks!

Thanks Joe.

Well, I'm feeling pretty dense because I must be missing something very obvious.  In X5 I remember being able to adjust the frame in the dbx, but in X6 I do not see that option.  

This is a .jpg of my dbx.  Under which tab is the option to delete the frame hiding?

post-558-0-94744600-1411043347_thumb.png

The GLASS DOOR is really a Framed Glass Door such as you would have for an Exterior Sliding Glass Door or a French Door.

It's actually pretty easy to create a Glass Door Symbol from a simple 3D Box.  It would only have one material which could be "Glass".  OTOH, once you define one Glass Shower Door, You can add it to your Library and use that every time without having to go thru all the editing.

For those tile walls , you might want to use the "Wall material region" instead of the room DBX--wall coverings. You will have more control exactly where the material ends, The room method ends the tile at the wall, using the WMR you can extend the tile to the outer edge of the curd.

I usually make the Glass Walls "No Room Definition" and use the Wall Material Region for the Tile.  I either use a "Shower Pan" and change it's material or I use a "Pony Wall" for the Curb.

The advantage (to me) of not having the shower defined as a separate room is that I can do Interior Elevations of the entire space rather than having a separate set of elevations for the shower and another for the Bathroom.