Stairs & Ramps layers

CJSpud

Hi:

I am wondering what some of the layers for stairs & ramps are suppose to control:

1.  Stairs & Ramps, Details ????

2.  Stairs & Ramps, Stringers ????

I have poked around with a plan I am working on trying to see what gets displayed and what doesn't for those two layers and haven't determined yet what they are suppose to control.  At first I thought maybe they were layers I had created that have been carried from version to version but now I am thinking that these were layers created by Chief.  Anybody know?  Thanks.

1922307577_StairsRampsStringers_ChiefResidentialTemplatePlan.thumb.JPG.aec4c139053e242eb1c6c1adff96508c.JPG

497013664_StairsRampsStringers.thumb.JPG.cfa6443c4b166f6840d4dd1fad50c02d.JPG

17 minutes ago, CJSpud said:

I am wondering what some of the layers for stairs & ramps are suppose to control:

1.  Stairs & Ramps, Details ????

2.  Stairs & Ramps, Stringers ????

As Glenn said they show in plan View and let you show the tread Overhang and Center Stringer etc. depending on what is drawn they may not show much , eg with a Ramp...

image.thumb.png.24a6b0cedf160e411abb54582d46b3b2.png

Thanks Eric.  Wish there was a little better way to control what is shown in 3D views.  I'll do a search and see what was discussed in the past.  I took an extended sabbatical from ChiefTalk for awhile and I am sure I missed out on some good threads. 

1 hour ago, CJSpud said:

Thanks.

Also, do we have any way to change the number of stringers for a stairs?

No we didn't get that in X11 , so the old workaround of doing a Backclipped Cross section through the Staircase , tracing the Stringer with CAD Lines and converting the Closed Polyline to a Polyline Solid ( and then a Solid if you want to save it) is still the best way as far as I have seen....

Here's a Practice Plan I still have from Last year to look at....

MHD_Stair Stringer Plan.plan

2 hours ago, parkwest said:

I wonder if there’s a market for stairs with multiple stringers by chief users that I could sell stair symbols to using my other cad program?

Not to me :)  as I just do the above , ie copy the Auto one then turn off the display of the Chief ones and place my own.

Symbols wouldn't allow you to change the Rise and Run as needed I don't think which would be an Issue, since I don't use precut Stringers from HD.

Again we are dealing with stairs, railings and I know many have asked for chief to revamp this tool for years and have fallen on deaf ears so again we have to wait and see what the next version would bring, this is one thing I always look for when a new version comes out and have been disappointed far to much. CHIEF LETS GO ON REVAMPING THAT STAIR AND RAILING TOOL, and yes there has been many request and suggestion on this