Selecting All The Floor Trusses

ACADuser

Thanks, seems like a workaround when Select Similar would be the tool of choice.

Speaking of layers, say you are working in plan view and you want to hide a few layers to make eslecting objects easyer.

You hide several layers & now you layer Set is messed up. Shouldn't you be requierd to SAVE the changes to that layer Set if you wanted a perminant change.

No simple way to restore the layers you have hidden?

why not just turn the layers back on ?

you could clone the layerset and then make "changes" to the clone

there have been numerous requests to have the Layer display options dbx stay open

and have an apply button so that we can "play" with layers on/off

Lew

Just so happens that I turned 8 or so layers off  & after a time working on that drawing I could not remeber all the layers I had turned off.

Looks like I will have to clone the layer set next time, live & learn.

I didn't check History to see if the Hide command recorded all my actions.

Oh wait I just checked & I can't fins a history? Does Chief record all actions upto a set number for your review?

That is tied to Undo in ACAD which reportd to the screen each time you undo it says what action it is undoing, this is very helpful.

So neather of these features are in Chief?

Activate the truss tool: Build>Framing>Floor/Ceiling Truss

Now hold down the shift key and window around all the floor trusses - they will all be selected. This behavior works for all kinds of Chief objects; first activate the tool, then shift select.

Now hold down the shift key and window around all the floor trusses - they will all be selected. This behavior works for all kinds of Chief objects; first activate the tool, then shift select.

OH forgot that one already.

Thanks

There are times I use this method but somehow it will select something else and won't open the correct edit DBX.

Now hold down the shift key and window around all the floor trusses - they will all be selected.

This will select ALL framing members (except wall framing) that are displayed & the layer not locked, so be careful.