materials

stager386

Trying to add custom materials to parts of the interior of a sloped ceiling. The interior is simply the inside of the roof line.  I can't seem to add floor material or custom backsplash to this roof interior.  I want to paint part of it, and also to add custom panels and molding.  Do I need to add a wall in front of the sloped roof?

CA question.jpg

1 hour ago, stager386 said:

Trying to add custom materials to parts of the interior of a sloped ceiling. The interior is simply the inside of the roof line.  I can't seem to add floor material or custom backsplash to this roof interior.  I want to paint part of it, and also to add custom panels and molding.  Do I need to add a wall in front of the sloped roof?

CA question.jpg

The Sloped Ceiling Material is controlled by the Room Ceiling Definition ( if the check box in Roof Plane DBX is Checked )

....OR

the Roof Plane Ceiling Finish if use Room Ceiling finish is Unchecked in the Roof Plane's DBX  ,

you can use both  in opposing Planes to get different looks if needed.

You may need to use a ceiling plane as Eric suggested as well depending on what you are trying to do....

Backsplashes and WMR only work on Walls AFAIK....

image.thumb.png.57bc9ab533b53133beda27128981a4d8.png

4 minutes ago, stager386 said:

Thanks everyone.  I am tying to add panels and molding, using ceiling planes and it's just not working the way I need it too. Still trying.....

Do you have an example of something similar ?   Soffits may be an option or you might actually need to use moldings and panels.