Quad Casement?

BFogarty

In the window settings, there is only options for a single, double and triple casement windows.....I'm in need of a quad.  The problem with taking 4 singles and mulling them, they are in a 2x10 wall (yes, weird), so the mulled sections look like mini tunnels....not good.  I changed the spacing between mulled to 0", this still left a 1.5" mulled area.  The attached image shows the undesired result.  The second image shows what I'm looking for, except in a Tripple Casement

Tripple Casement.jpg

Quad Casement.jpg

27 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

In order to make this work, the frame and inset also have to be adjusted. 

Yes I didn't play with that, I just looked at the 1.5" apart issue which I didn't think should be happening if the Separation was 0"....  wasn't sure what look he was after for the rest...

44 minutes ago, solver said:

Her is one I did some time ago. 3 individual windows.

Note how each window is defined prior to mulling. See the frame sizing and check for any other obvious changes to the defaults.

ct1.thumb.jpg.47de2f3d1d6426682443d3a201b2244c.jpg

mc1.plan

I think I'm getting the idea, just haven't applied it to mine yet.

Although it's a mulled unit, the middle windows need to be adjusted accordingly?

12 minutes ago, javatom said:

I believe he wants 2x10 walls.  I'm pretty sure that Erics system will work if it is a 2x4 wall with other layers that pad it out to 10" thick.

No reason to pad anything, and you actually don't even need to mull anything.  The key settings are:

• Sash Depth and inset
  • Frame Depth and Inset
  • Casing Overlap (needs to be negative)

The biggest downsides are that the window doesn't actually get a framed wrap using this method so you might want to downsize your windows to account for this.  Pick your poison I suppose.  The alternatives take a lot longer.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

No reason to pad anything, and you actually don't even need to mull anything.  The key settings are:

• Sash Depth and inset
  • Frame Depth and Inset
  • Casing Overlap (needs to be negative)

The biggest downsides are that the window doesn't actually get a framed wrap using this method so you might want to downsize your windows to account for this.  Pick your poison I suppose.  The alternatives take a lot longer.

Of the three things you mentioned, I adjusted the frame depth.  Visually it looks fine, on the plan view it does show a line in between each window.  I bet if I adjust the Overlap it'll get rid of it.  Thx