Is The Room Planner App Free If You Have X6?

Fun2Learn

Hi everyone. I just finally purchased Chief Premier X6 yesterday!(yeah--I am so excited). I wanted to try out Chief's Room Planner App to do an "as built" of my house to then import into Chief to practice on. I am confused by all the different versions of room planner and not sure if it is free if you already have Chief. I went to the Roomtalk forum, but couldn't find answers there to those questions.

One think I am not sure about, if I do have to purchase Room Planner, is if the more expensive apps contain the less expensive app's features within them, or if you need to purchase all the apps to get all the features. It is very confusing.

Thanks.

Phyllis

Joe and Phylls,

I think you are confused.

Room Planner is an app for the iPad that does 3D room planning.

I believe it is free, but you need to pay (a couple of $) for the dimensioning and another (I can't remember) add on if you want them, but they aren't compulsory.

You can export Room Planner plans into Chief, but you do not need Room Planner to use Chief.

Chief X6 has a built in Space Planner function that Joe is talking about. 

Thanks, everyone. Yes, I was talking about the I-pad/I-phone app. I thought it might be nice for recording  measurements of existing buildings and then importing into Chief for remodeling projects. I was going to try it at least.

In the instructions for Room Planner, they mention something about X6 users already having accounts with Cloud storage access, so I wasn't sure if it also meant that Room Planner was free for owners of X6. On the web page for the app,it says "Free for a limited time" anyway, however, there are about 4 or 5 add-ons that would bring the price up to $10 or more. I couldn't tell if each app had separate features entirely, or if the "higher level" apps contained all the features of the lower-priced ones, or whatever. 

I called Chief sales and they said that the Room Planner is totally separate and that you would have to purchase those "add-ons" if you want them--they are not included with X6 or SSA or anything. It looks like you would have to purchase at least two of the extra features for the app at least if you want to use it to record dimensions. Has anyone used Room Planner to record as-builts?

Just wondering....

Phyllis