marklcc

window labels

Is there a way to have a window label associated to schedule and a written label displayed on the floor plan?

2 minutes ago, marklcc said:

Is there a way to have a window label associated to schedule and a written label displayed on the floor plan?

Are you talking about the Schedule Callouts perhaps ?  enable it in the Schedule Options>Labels>Use Callout.....pick a shape and text size

M.

3 minutes ago, marklcc said:

Yes.

I want to display both a schedule callout and written description. 

Example below.

Is there a way to do this?

Capture.PNG

44 minutes ago, marklcc said:

I want to display both a schedule callout and written description. 

Example below.

Is there a way to do this?

Capture.PNG

You can turn off Callouts and Specify the Label instead and use the Schedule and width x height macros..... do it in your Defaults>Window and it will be used for ALL Windows from then on. Do it in your Template plan if it's something you want to always have too.

image.thumb.png.39117a9ac231b4221d71b464e830a1dc.png  image.thumb.png.83f90e2cfce829633461bd5587cf6082.png  image.thumb.png.afbd922e9d45f417889b8fa2893ab447.png

4 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

You can turn off Callouts and Specify the Label instead and use the Schedule and width x height macros..... do it in your Defaults>Window and it will be used for ALL Windows from then on. Do it in your Template plan if it's something you want to always have too.

image.thumb.png.afbd922e9d45f417889b8fa2893ab447.png

Don’t have time to get into it right now, but there are 2 or 3 easier/cleaner/more qualifying approaches too.  

This is our setup (right or wrong).  Same label but different options picked will show up differently.

630590568_WINDOWLABLE.thumb.jpg.49d2e4f2f4813865f380c504b0f2e7e6.jpg980562377_WINDOWSCHEDULE.thumb.jpg.4449e14f44e1f2fde6a31dbc889b7e4e.jpg2122561926_WindowonPlans.thumb.jpg.ebcafcba842139d2e730646a54e56c83.jpg1002752585_WindowonPlans-2.thumb.jpg.273621c1125a3904b69f897b83c1c74d.jpg

Edited by WesternDesign
additional info

Hey Elvin,

Is (%WxH in Feet%) your own custom macro?  I don't see it in the drop down list.  Thanks.

Well, it is a macro, but I m not sure where I got it.  I have purchased from Alaskan Son (great stuff) so maybe I got it from him.

I have not had the time to learn how to create my own, but it is on my "to-do" list.

If inches is okay then use the basic %width%x%height%

Also, if the full name takes up too much space then use %type_code% instead of %type_name% for an abbreviated version. I don't know if this is also a purchased macro or if it comes with Chief.

1 hour ago, WesternDesign said:

Also, if the full name takes up too much space then use %type_code% instead of %type_name% for an abbreviated version. I don't know if this is also a purchased macro or if it comes with Chief.

Both are default Macros you can use , to see them all for any object , use a text leader Line and the built in Macro %objectproperties% and the text box will fill with all auto recognise macros you can use in any text or rich text box , just make sure you use the % sign at each end of the named macro  eg ^^^^^^^^^^