Slab AND rim joist bearing on foundation wall

PorkRibs

Hi Everyone,

I am not a professional using Premier X10.  

I need some help creating this condition. (.pdf file attached).  I feel like I have exhausted myself in searching for the correct options within the program.

If someone could point me in the right direction as to where I need to select, or not, certain options I would greatly appreciate it.

Currently I have the main floor hanging on the inside of the basement wall with ledger.

I would like to have both the slab and the rim joist bearing on the top of the basement wall.

Thanks for any help,

Paul 

Slab:Floor Transition.pdf

So much depends on what you're trying to do everywhere else, but one possible solution is to to use an Open Below room and manual Slab with Footingslabtransition.plan

Capture.thumb.JPG.401c4ac56e4fee953a3d81d65dbabd4e.JPG

After Auto Detailing you'll need to create the chamfer in the slab edge. But, again, so much is affected by what you're trying to accomplish in the rest of the model.

Sorry Solver,  I can't figure out what filling out the Signature has to do with the nature of my question.  It's asking for a picture and a comment.  My first post stated that I am not a professional (meaning I'm not a professional architect) and that I am using X10 Premier.  Is there any other information I need to supply that would help to answer the question?

As Robert said you haven't provided enough information about the Project or a copy of your plan file to look at which makes it hard to "guess" what you are trying to do...

We ask all new Users to fill in there Signatures ( see mine below) as many times it make a difference in the answer especially with 15+ versions of Chief now floating around....and of course having a name to use is nice too. the Hardware info is also Useful in many questions especially regarding PBR or RT problems.

M.

Hi,

So I put some details of my hardware in the signature.  Forgot a name though...It's Paul.  I'll do that now.  I also have attached a plan file to this post.  Basically an office building that has a partial basement.  To assure a solid floor seam (or close as I can with CC butting up to lumber).  

It seems like a pretty basic detail...I just can't figure out how to spec CA to achieve it.

Thank you for help.

Paul

SW_Villa_West_19a.plan

23 hours ago, PorkRibs said:

Hi,

So I put some details of my hardware in the signature.  Forgot a name though...It's Paul.  I'll do that now.  I also have attached a plan file to this post.  Basically an office building that has a partial basement.  To assure a solid floor seam (or close as I can with CC butting up to lumber).  

It seems like a pretty basic detail...I just can't figure out how to spec CA to achieve it.

Thank you for help.

Paul

SW_Villa_West_19a.plan

Hi Paul,

Is the Tenant Area to Surgery Rooms the area of the Join?  you didn't leave an elevation Camera or anything in the plan to indicated where the issue is?

Also doing an overview several Areas of the Building are "floating" above the Terrain and the front Porch Ceilings are building incorrectly but you may not be done yet of course :) just thought I'd mention it...

M.

Hi,  Thanks for looking at it.  Yeah...It's a mess technically.  I received the survey .dwg today and I definitely need to clean it up a little.  My learning curve with Chief is a bit high in a few areas.  Only other project I've done with Chief was my home 10 yrs ago. 

I am doing a lot of leg work up front and an actual architect is compiling my files into a workable file to submit to the city.

You will see an invisible wall (horizontal dashed lines) that runs through the Office then meets with a hallway wall, and continues to demising wall between tenants. The Tennant Area, Restroom, Dr.s Office, Conference, ADA restroom, Reception, and part of the front office will be on slab.  The rest of the floorplan will be over basement.

It's at the Demising wall and under that invisible wall where the slab/deck intersection will take place.

Hope that helps.

I really appreciate any input you have on how to create that detail in Chief.

Thank you,

Paul

hi , just getting back to this now....

Do you really need the Detail/Section to auto build in the plan? or caan you just quickly use a CAD Detail window to redraw your PDF Sketch instead?  you are a long way into the plan is why I ask.... I would probably have drawn the part of the building with the Full foundation , made sure that was correct , then turned off auto foundation and drawn the other areas with the MonSlab Floor applied via the ROOM Structure DBX.

However CA as always had a issue with bumping Monoslabs up again existing Foundations an seems to have some unwritten , hardcoded rules it uses which can be an Issue and time consuming to deal with.

Perry (Drawzilla) and Scott (dshall) are two guys who deal with monoslabs alot , and I know both have some tricks up there sleeves , so hopefully they will drop in and help advise too, but I am think drawing some manual footings etc in maybe the way to go.

@DRAWZILLA

@dshall